Ford to stop putting V8 in f150 and mustang

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6isntenough

Full Access Member
Reaction score
heres my honest opinion, I had a 2011 raptor 6.2 and loved it, loved the sound loved the power, loved the performance, put a 93 perf tune and it hauled ass... fast forward 3 years and 43,000 miles later, I stumbled on a deal I couldn't pass up on a loaded leftover 2013 f150 fx4 crew cab ecoboost, I was hesitant at first but once you actually drive one and get into the boost its pretty damn fun. sure it doesn't have that v8 rumble but it flys. just as fast if not faster completely stock than my modded raptor. I miss my raptor for offroad capabilities but my ecoboost is an awesome all around truck. gets better gas mileage than I ever seen in my raptor and can embarrass a lot of sports cars off the line with a 4wd boost launch lol

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i heard a year ago that the v8 motors were going to be discontined. something about government fuel regulations. and that the v8 would only be available on certain work style vehicles. however, i dont remember where i heard it. so dont take my word for it.

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
heres my honest opinion, I had a 2011 raptor 6.2 and loved it, loved the sound loved the power, loved the performance, put a 93 perf tune and it hauled ass... fast forward 3 years and 43,000 miles later, I stumbled on a deal I couldn't pass up on a loaded leftover 2013 f150 fx4 crew cab ecoboost, I was hesitant at first but once you actually drive one and get into the boost its pretty damn fun. sure it doesn't have that v8 rumble but it flys. just as fast if not faster completely stock than my modded raptor. I miss my raptor for offroad capabilities but my ecoboost is an awesome all around truck. gets better gas mileage than I ever seen in my raptor and can embarrass a lot of sports cars off the line with a 4wd boost launch lol

question, were you running 35" tires on your ecoboost?

Last edited: