Ford (raptor) racing school

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been posted before. This is from Ford Racing:

"The Ford Racing School and Ford Racing bring you the Raptor Assault, the ultimate high-performance off road driving experience that allows drivers of all skill levels to get behind the wheel of Ford’s amazing F-150 SVT Raptor for their own extreme off-road adventure. A variety of terrain,including an eight- acre Rock-Crawling Course, a 22-acre high-speed Off-Road Short Course and a 900-acre Desert Racing Course are available to demonstrate the Raptor’s entire portfolio of off-road capabilities."

Raptor Assault | High-Performance Off-Road Experience

Raptor_Assault_246588_3623756547916-1260x450.jpg

Raptor Assault Experience

The Raptor Assault Experience allows you to get behind the wheel for your own extreme off-road adventure. Following a brief but comprehensive classroom session and vehicle orientation, you’ll strap in to a Ford Racing F-150 SVT Raptor to experience the legend for yourself. You’ll tackle the eight-acre Rock-Crawling Course and the 22-acre Off Road Short Course, which will demonstrate the amazing capabilities of the Ford Racing F-150 SVT Raptor.

Once you’re done, you’ll swap seats and one of our professional instructors will take you for a ride-along to show you what it’s like when the Ford Racing F-150 SVT Raptor is pushed to its absolute limits. You’ll be amazed, and we’ll send you home with a smile on your face that will last for days!

Price: $399 + tax

Raptor Assault Experience

Raptor_Garage_Saxton_Video_Ragged_Bottom_1260x500.jpg

One-Day Raptor Assault School

Now you can experience the rush of driving a Ford F-150 Raptor SVT while learning the skills and techniques that make off-road racing adventures legendary.

The one-day Raptor Assault begins with a classroom session and vehicle orientation, then, you’ll get behind the wheel to take on 8 acres of gravity-defying, white-knuckle rock crawling. Next, you’ll learn to read and deal with different terrain on our high-flying, off-road short course. After a fully-catered lunch you’ll strap back into the driver’s seat to push your off-road driving skills to the limit on the Miller Motorsports Park Off-Road Desert Course – 900 acres of wide-open, dirt-churning desert terrain.

After you’re finished driving and have received the checkered flag, your adrenaline rush still isn’t over. You’ll climb into the passenger seat for an incredibly thrilling ride along with a professional driver at the controls - it’s an experience you’ll never forget!

Price: $1,475 // $1,275 for Raptor Owners

Raptor Assault 1-Day School

raport-assault-group_082412_1260x400.jpg

Raptor Assault Group Experience

The Raptor Assault Group Experience allows your guests to get behind the wheel for their own extreme off-road adventure. Following a brief but comprehensive classroom session and vehicle orientation, they will strap into a Ford Racing F-150 SVT Raptor to tackle the Rock-Crawling Course and Off Road Short Course. Then they’ll swap seats and one of our professional instructors will show them what it’s like when the Ford Racing F-150 SVT Raptor is pushed to its absolute limits. Your guests will be amazed, and we’ll send them home with smiles on their faces that will last for days!

Video » Brian Deegan Raptor Assault

Raptor Assault Group Experience

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
:happy160::big_banana_Dance:WhatExit?,
I participated in the school last September. It was fantastic. You spend about 30-40 minutes in the classroom laying out the course of the day's events, rules, and getting to know the instructors.
Then out to the trucks. They have 8 or so Raptors with half cages/ 4 way restraints.
Two people to each Raptor. The morning you spend driving on slopes, using the descent controls, locker, and various off road scenarios. Then you switch from passenger to driver..(or vice versa). When you are going parallel to a 30 degree slope as a driver it is pretty unnerving! As a passenger it seems less so. Slow speed jumps, and left foot braking are taught, as well as off camber driving up and down 30 degree or more slopes. Then to the LOORS, (Lucas Off Road Racing Series), course.
A nice lunch, and then the real fun. The afternoon is high speed jumps, and off roading on a 90 acre ranch course. The highlight for me was a mile or so long ravine on one section of the course where you are driving below the surrounding terrain quickly turning left and right. It was amazing how much faster you could traverse the ravine with gentle left foot braking.
The jumps were taken at 55 mph on the ranch course and you really did get some air time!
At the end you were each allowed two laps to test all you learned...(limited only at the jumps to 55 mph).
I loved it and my codriver was even better; and sent me some video he recorded with two go pro's he had set up.
I HIGHLY recommend the course!!!
Eddie

OP
OP
W

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I participated in the school last September. It was fantastic. You spend about 30-40 minutes in the classroom laying out the course of the day's events, rules, and getting to know the instructors.
Then out to the trucks. They have 8 or so Raptors with half cages/ 4 way restraints.
Two people to each Raptor. The morning you spend driving on slopes, using the descent controls, locker, and various off road scenarios. Then you switch from passenger to driver..(or vice versa). When you are going parallel to a 30 degree slope as a driver it is pretty unnerving! As a passenger it seems less so. Slow speed jumps, and left foot braking are taught, as well as off camber driving up and down 30 degree or more slopes. Then to the LOORS, (Lucas Off Road Racing Series), course.
A nice lunch, and then the real fun. The afternoon is high speed jumps, and off roading on a 90 acre ranch course. The highlight for me was a mile or so long ravine on one section of the course where you are driving below the surrounding terrain quickly turning left and right. It was amazing how much faster you could traverse the ravine with gentle left foot braking.
The jumps were taken at 55 mph on the ranch course and you really did get some air time!
At the end you were each allowed two laps to test all you learned...(limited only at the jumps to 55 mph).
I loved it and my codriver was even better; and sent me some video he recorded with two go pro's he had set up.
Eddie

Great write up, thanks for sharing your experience! Sounds like a great event and if I understand it correctly you can drive their Raptors, right?

JayneCobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It might be best that it's kept under 55 because as the wavier says "you pay for everything that breaks". Or you can pay for the insurance and ONLY be responsible for 5k worth of damage.

FarFromStock

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Eddie

Thanks for the summary Eddie. My wife wants to give this to me for my 50th in September. Is there an area for spectators or should she just go sight-seeing for the day?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter