Ford gets ready to unveil the aluminum F-150

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
probably not the best idea for a raptor in aluminium for all the ones who have or will bend their frames, its just that much more expensive to fix, or one step closer to a total.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The frame will not be aluminum. I dont see it being a bad thing, Land Rover has been building aluminum offroaders for a long time. Dodge has an aluminum hood on the Ram and apparently ford does too. I know of aluminum panels and aluminum cars going back to the early 60's and people love them for that reason.

D

Deleted member 12951

Doesn't the raptor have some fiberglass on it anyways, doesn't that reduce some weight? Not sure if 750lbs will be lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tbone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it has the body of aluminum but still a steal boxed frame without a hole in it over the bump stop! and if the raptor continues and has the same if not more travel and the same or better shocks in theory it should perform better off road But I'd buy a new one to keep as a street queen and my 2010 as an off road only