Ford Fusion Auto Start-Stop System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fast, seamless, no added maintenance
Ford is making Auto Start-Stop – one of the most popular features of hybrid vehicles – available with the new 1.6-liter EcoBoost-powered Fusion. When the Fusion comes to a stop, the engine can automatically switch off, consuming no gasoline and emitting no exhaust gases. As soon as the driver releases brake pedal, the engine seamlessly re-starts itself and is ready to go by the time the driver presses the accelerator pedal.

“Our team has put a lot of effort into calibrating the Auto Start-Stop on the Fusion to make it as transparent as possible to the driver and passengers,” says Sorgenfrei.

Auto Start-Stop is the latest addition to the new Ford Fusion’s industry leading suite of affordable, fuel saving technologies, including:

• EcoBoost engines, which combine turbocharging, direct injection and twin independent variable camshaft timing or Ti-VCT, with downsizing to deliver outstanding fuel economy without sacrificing performance.
• Electric power steering eliminating the engine-driven hydraulic pump, lines and fluid.
• Six-speed transmissions, which enable engines to run more efficiently by always selecting the best gear for top fuel economy.

On sale this fall, Fusion offers customers the Power of Choice with the broadest selection of fuel-efficient powertrains in the midsize car segment – two EcoBoost-powered gasoline engines, a normally aspirated four-cylinder engine, a hybrid and a plug-in hybrid. Fuel-economy includes:

• 2013 Fusion 1.6-liter EcoBoost: Delivering a projected 37 mpg highway
• 2013 Fusion Hybrid: Delivering at least a projected 47 mpg – 4 mpg better than the Toyota Camry Hybrid
• 2013 Fusion Energi plug-in hybrid: Delivering at least a projected 100 MPGe-plus rating – making it the world’s most fuel-efficient midsize sedan

http://www.at.ford.com/news/cn/Page...ers Thousands of Dollars in Fuel Savings.aspx

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
Not that I have any use for a midsize sedan, but that is seriously awesome. Do like the Aston-like styling as well. I just find it amazing that Ford cars are becoming "higher end" and much more respected (and I'm not a born/bred Ford guy, my last truck was a GM). Ten years ago I wasn't impressed by just about every vehicle they made except for the trucks and (barely) the Mustang.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My cayenne does this, also "sails" when coasting on highway or down hills. I have 380hp but still get 26mpg, pretty cool

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD