Fair TRD Pro vs Raptor review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geo_Tactical

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This video would have been way better had they just talked about the Tundra, and left the Raptor out of it. Makes zero sense to compare the two, and I doubt Toyota had any intention of one-upping the Raptor with this truck.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It does make sense to compare them if that's Toyotas off-road truck offering. And I thought the comparison was fair and he tried really hard not to trash either one, but his awe of the Raptor was obvious. The Tundra TRD Pro is a very nice truck, can haul more than the Raptor, but the Raptor is better off-road. That's what I got out of that video.

Here's the YouTube link in case that other link crashes your iPad.

Exclusive: 2015 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro vs Ford F-150 SVT Raptor Off-Road Matchup Review - YouTube

amphibian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With such good success of aftermarket Tacomas, you'd think toyota would know what the people want. The Raptor had the market cornered. Not just because of the truck but because of companies like ADD, TMX, RPG....yes there's aftermarket stuff for toyota a but you don't see them being as passionately modded as raptors. Granted there are some awesome long travel Chevys that people build. But the stock trucks and aftermarkets just can't compare in general.

Tacoma could be a Raptor killer if done properly.

slowest member of WCPR

FWIW there is a "TRD PRO" version of the taco (and 4runner) coming out too.

Still no raptor killer but I do like the fact that they're doing SOMETHING along those lines, and with 3 different vehicles nonetheless.

mike.s

Reaction score
For those who don't know, The Fast Lane Truck (The guys that made this video) bought the Raptor for the own work/production vehicle. They've done a lot of videos on it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who was curious about how this Tundra compares to the Raptor, and I'm glad they did the comparison.

Darthyota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is still a freaking TACO....your kidding right the only difference is a locked computer and it can also run on Soy Sauce?

I would not drive said T(u)RD to a goat *******...just my $.02 lol

i was simply comparing the aftermarket available for each truck not the trucks themselves

Az Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It isn't a taco. It's a tundra. I don't think there are that many after market parts for it.

LandFill

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your JOKING right? Please tell me that you are!!!

The Raptor isn't even close to As mod friendly As a Tacoma. The Raptor is still a baby in the after market community compared to the Tacoma and what can be done to both model Tacoma's.
And As far As passion goes, Raptor isn't even in the same conversation As a Tacoma

And if your think I'm just talking out my a$$ remember that I've own both and have been around the aftermarket industry for a very long time and know both very well

I agree with A2I. Tundras have about a 10 year head start on aftermarket mods.

Attachments

• 047.jpg
    047.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 64
  • 054.jpg
    054.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 58
  • 055.jpg
    055.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 56
  • 056.jpg
    056.jpg