Fair TRD Pro vs Raptor review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With such good success of aftermarket Tacomas, you'd think toyota would know what the people want. The Raptor had the market cornered. Not just because of the truck but because of companies like ADD, TMX, RPG....yes there's aftermarket stuff for toyota a but you don't see them being as passionately modded as raptors. Granted there are some awesome long travel Chevys that people build. But the stock trucks and aftermarkets just can't compare in general.

Tacoma could be a Raptor killer if done properly.

slowest member of WCPR

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
The Raptor had the market cornered. Not just because of the truck but because of companies like ADD, TMX, RPG....yes there's aftermarket stuff for toyota a but you don't see them being as passionately modded as raptors. Granted there are some awesome long travel Chevys that people build. But the stock trucks and aftermarkets just can't compare in general.

Your JOKING right? Please tell me that you are!!!

The Raptor isn't even close to As mod friendly As a Tacoma. The Raptor is still a baby in the after market community compared to the Tacoma and what can be done to both model Tacoma's.
And As far As passion goes, Raptor isn't even in the same conversation As a Tacoma

And if your think I'm just talking out my a$$ remember that I've own both and have been around the aftermarket industry for a very long time and know both very well

miglo

Reaction score
Toyota is looking for the lowest common denominator. They want to sell to the market that considers the raptor too "crazy" of a truck. Basically, boring doctors, lawyers and accountants that are looking for the absolute return on their investment in practicality.

This boring doctor loves his raptor ;)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, the Tacomas are hot, especially in the after market. I went to buy one but found them too small for my big butt. Needed more room.

TNVOLRAPTOR

Reaction score
I pulled into a market to get some beer yesterday, and a Toyota Tundra TRD was in front of me. I parked my Raptor and it drew a crowd. Everyone has seen a Toyota Tundra. Whether flying up a dirt road, or flying in to grab some brews, the Raptor commands attention. My two cents.

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your JOKING right? Please tell me that you are!!! The Raptor isn't even close to As mod friendly As a Tacoma. The Raptor is still a baby in the after market community compared to the Tacoma and what can be done to both model Tacoma's. And As far As passion goes, Raptor isn't even in the same conversation As a Tacoma And if your think I'm just talking out my a$$ remember that I've own both and have been around the aftermarket industry for a very long time and know both very well

Toyota could have really made a Raptor killer is what I'm saying. The mods that are doable in a Tacoma are insane, I agree with that. But this whole TRD PRO fell short of true competition.

slowest member of WCPR

Darthyota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your JOKING right? Please tell me that you are!!!

The Raptor isn't even close to As mod friendly As a Tacoma. The Raptor is still a baby in the after market community compared to the Tacoma and what can be done to both model Tacoma's.
And As far As passion goes, Raptor isn't even in the same conversation As a Tacoma

And if your think I'm just talking out my a$$ remember that I've own both and have been around the aftermarket industry for a very long time and know both very well

the only area the raptor beats a yota is in aftermarket power adders and ease of tunability as toyota locks their ecus which haven only just been cracked in the last year or so. before that you had either run a piggy back ecu or go full stand alone. fords you can just reflash it with a obd2 programmer

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've never felt uncomfortable driving the raptor in traffic or even parking it between cars right on the line, they just can't open their doors much more than 6 inches before they get into the running boards, those things have heavy duty coatings for a reason, the one "advantage" of the trd pro isn't much of an advantage at all

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the only area the raptor beats a yota is in aftermarket power adders and ease of tunability as toyota locks their ecus which haven only just been cracked in the last year or so. before that you had either run a piggy back ecu or go full stand alone. fords you can just reflash it with a obd2 programmer

It is still a freaking TACO....your kidding right the only difference is a locked computer and it can also run on Soy Sauce?

I would not drive said T(u)RD to a goat *******...just my $.02 lol

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, this video was bias from the beginning.

This guy talked about how the Toyo did way better on the asphalt than the Raptor did. Well, DUH, it's just a normal truck...

He talked about how the Raptor is more like a military vehicle and a Hot Wheels car (or something like that) - Well that is one of the MANY reasons I bought it! It doesn't look like every other truck out there.

I agree with the fact that this toyota should have been compared to the FX4. They would have been able to do the same considering they never saw over what - 5 MPH! Take that Toyota at high speeds and see how it holds up.

The poor Raptor looks like it's just tagging along "BABY SITTING" just in case the Toyota gets in over it's head and needs a big boy to help him out.

I also love the fact that they decided to compare to the "MOLTEN ORANGE" idea...

Just my 2 cents.

Later...