EcoBust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There's a reason forced induction engines aren't a good idea in an off road vehicle... and if these things are having issues on the street, thank GOD we didn't get them in the Raptor!

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hahahaha. Just wait till the fuel system takes a shit and its out of warranty. That will give owners something to cry about. I like the technology behind the Eco boost, but ford and the kool aid drinkers boasted this thing way too hard. 6.2 raptor all day long thank you.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Was at Mike's Off Road getting some 3167 PIAA bulbs and a guy that had a 2013 ECO BOOST was telling us that he gets 13.5 mpg avg. I just laughed and told him I get a better than that with 37x13.50 tires and he just said "oh shit"! He hates his mpg...

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, 3 people with lawyers proves that the EcoBoost engine is a bust. :hmmm2:

And we all know how hard it is to get a lawyer to sue a big company like Ford :signs1:

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, unless you ate a really big Firm, most Attorneys would not want to take on Ford and their Fleet of Lawyers and their deep pockets...the paper pushing alone could put a 10 man Firm out of business or force them to settle or drop all the rest of their case load...

Just my thoughts...

If it sucks it sucks....don't know what the lawyers have to do with THAT part...

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

Oh and if is wasn't for lawyers we would not need lawyers...

fletch74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hockster you are exactly right. I am not sure of exact numbers, but there are tons of ecoboost engines sold and tons of happy owners. Look at some of the stupid responses to that url page. A turbo-diesel needs the turbo replaced at 70,000 miles and loses power after that, that has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.
I am glad my raptor has a 6.2, but I am not gonna knock the ecoboost in its application!

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My dad had his MKT in twice for Ecoboost issues... Hesitation under acceleration too! Felt like it was pulling timing. All plugs replaced at 8,000 miles, reflashed, went away for a while. Then came back again, and still hasn't been resolved.

I think there may be something to it...