EcoBeast = V8 Ecoboost; yes please...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

mmp

Reaction score
Think about the people interested in the Raptor. An exclusive engine with superior output makes sense. An engine with the fuel economy of a V8 but the power output of a V10/V12 would be an attention grabber in our kind of crowd.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They will not develop a 5.0L EB just for the Raptor! If they were intending to put a 5.0L EB in other things then definitely it would happen... The cost is stupid crazy and the ROS would be shit...

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I assure you ford will byield a v8 ecoboost. 20th the new performance division the new gt, raptor and the next gt500 we will see a serious HP v8 built.

Ford has already shown a tt v8 at Sema a few years back on the cobra jet they had at the show so it's not really a foreign concept for them and rather easy for them to do.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With new push within ford for turbos and smaller displacements you won't see a turbo v8 ever. You'll get a tt v6 at best.

If they put the 3.5 in the raptor you may get the 3.7 tt or just the 3.5 with different software or potentially larger turbos

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm thinking it's going to be a turbo 6 as well...a lot of cars that were at one point high output V8's (ie Audi S4, BMW M3 etc) are not 6 bangers with monster turbo power. The "no replacement for displacement" argument kind of falls by the wayside with forced induction IMO. Seems that a lot of people are happy with their F150 eco's as well, and now it's the top dog for the F150s. Who knows on the Raptor, I can see it working, we'll know soon enough I guess.