Chevy vs. Ford in Heavy-Duty Rumble in the Rockies

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
6a00d83451b3c669e2013488f5ee2d970c-800wi.gifThe 2011 Chevy Silverado 3500 and 2011 Ford F-350 go head-to-head towing almost 19,000 pounds on the toughest major mountain climb in the country. Who will come out on top?

More...

frogslinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ford looks better...
It has higher HP and TQ...
It has a higher CVWR...
It has superior mechanical advantage in every gear...

And it gets spanked. Hard.

Methinks Chevy is understating their numbers. Again.

Talon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
impressive read. i think that allison/duramax combo is unstopable. But it really doesnt matter which side you take because if your not happy with the results check back next year. At the rate they are increasing the power in these trucks we will break the 1000 ft/lb torque mark here in the very near future on a factory truck. i've said it over and over and this jsut further proves it. Competition is a win/win for us all! we want the best and the company wants to be on top!

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As much as I would like to see 1000ft/lb of torque out of a stock truck I think the NTSB(I think thats right) will step in and stop them. From what I know about the Dmax, PSD, and Cummins the only one that might do it is the PSD. The Cummins and Dmax are using reworked older motors.