Is Chevy Prepping a Colorado based Raptor Fighter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I dont think GM could bring anything that could possibly touch the raptor to the table. The only people i see some decent competition from would be Toyota. But it the real issue i see is the R&D that goes into a truck like this lots and lots of time and money. And then theres the kick-ass drive train behind the Raptor. But i guess anyone can try.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is actually a good strategy, the cost to bring something to market to compete with the raptor is obviously more then gm or dodge is willing to spend.

So you build something that has minimal competition and go after that market. (Toyota &nissan)

Ford appears to have no plans for a next gen ranger. If they do it it's a good move for them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deenamathew

Reaction score
I also would look forward to a Colorado based 5 seat SUV that can take on a Jeep Wrangler with some useable space in back and a T-Top. Put a T-Top on the Colorado too.

raptor1001

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not to be the grammar **** or anything but they said dodge has been making various dessert runners.
Lol
hy2asary.jpg
I guess this is what they are referring to?

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Doesn't reall look like a Raptor competitor but a more capable offroad rig in general. I all of this is great! Manufacturers are realizing there's a strong market for more "offroad ready" trucks.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not a competitor as said, but going after a market with no competition. It's a smart move

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't think its a raptor competitor but I would say it could be the "Raptor" of the small pickup class.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

richwoodrocket

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont think GM could bring anything that could possibly touch the raptor to the table. The only people i see some decent competition from would be Toyota. But it the real issue i see is the R&D that goes into a truck like this lots and lots of time and money. And then theres the kick-ass drive train behind the Raptor. But i guess anyone can try.

Hahaha Toyota.
Nothing can touch the raptor.