CDL Blog Part 1: Why We’re Getting a Commercial Driver’s License

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
6a00d83451b3c669e2015432fdc6c7970c-800wi.jpgThe constant one-upmanship among heavy-duty truck manufacturers isn't just forcing Ford, GM and Chrysler to raise their games to stay competitive. It's also forcing us to obtain our CDL.

More...

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is getting a bit out of hand. Why should I normal person need to get a CDL to drive an F-350 because the big 3 are having a who's got a bigger ***** contest.

sent from ...... I don't know where I am.

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is getting a bit out of hand. Why should I normal person need to get a CDL to drive an F-350 because the big 3 are having a who's got a bigger ***** contest.

sent from ...... I don't know where I am.

A lot of this comes from the RV biz. You would be surprised what some of those big 5th wheels weigh in at.

ChadB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to get an endorcement on my licesne to tow a 13000 pound toy hauler. It was a simple test and driving test.

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is what Topkicks and MaxPros are for.

If your not going to pull a giant 5th with your F350 you wont need a CL A. The only reason those guys are getting their CL A is because the trucks have such high GVCW & the point of their test is to max out the trucks.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
CDL stands for Commercial Drivers License....basically driver for hire. So yes weight is a factor but are you being paid to haul this trailer? If so, then, yes, you need a Commercial Drivers License but if no, than chances are you want need a CDL. But check with your state laws first.