Boating Mag Ecoboost vs Raptor Towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kngranch

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not too sure of this article has been posted, but I thought I'd share it with everyone.

amphibian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never seen anybody refer to the Raptor suspension as "Heavy Duty" before. Why does it feel like they threw the Raptor in there just because they know people like reading about Raptors.

A better test would have been a 5.0 King Ranch or 6.2 Harley vs the Ecoboost, Raptor really has no place in an article about towing. Yes it can do it, but it's not why people buy them.

69Mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...switch just the tires and the results would skew way in favor of the Raptor. Not knocking the EcoBoost in anyway, but this is not an apples to apples comparison.

I would like to see the same test with a 6.2L in a normal F150 with similar gears, tires, etc.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its comparing a vehicle that can do the towing job you need to a vehicle that is made for towing. A turbo boost engine is way better for anything since its torque band is lower and bigger. No matter I would still sell my V8 6.2 for a version of a factory boost engine in the raptor well, if it was a 1.L boost umm no but if they came out with a factory warranted 3.5L boost raptor I would be all over it. What a great competition here at FRF this would be those with boosted raptors against those with the 6.2L . Man would we have a great time with it!!!