7.0 Liter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have now, and I don't believe it. For one thing, Ford has way, way too much invested in EcoBoost technology to invest even more in a NA powerplant. Secondly, Ford's "inspiration" for the EcoBoost was the EPA fleet fuel economy requirements. A 7.0L engine would take them in the wrong direction.

What's more likely than a 7.0L NA engine is a 5.0L EB engine, but I doubt even that.

OP
OP
Raptized

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. The make a bunch of eco boost engines daily. But, I do believe there is a small niche to be had, and it could be used in more than one truck model. It would be interesting.

xBryanHoodsx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lies and more lies my cousin works for borg Warner and they make all the cam phasers for ford. They were developing phasers for a 7.3
Engine called "grizzly" but development has stopped on that engine. Further the ford gt which is fords halo car has the EB....
It's not going anywhere

OP
OP
Raptized

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many of these stupid threads does this site need?

How do I block members like this? I got no time for negativity.

---------- Post added at 01:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
Lies and more lies my cousin works for borg Warner and they make all the cam phasers for ford. They were developing phasers for a 7.3
Engine called "grizzly" but development has stopped on that engine. Further the ford gt which is fords halo car has the EB....
It's not going anywhere

It's good to have confirmed news, but disappointing as I was looking forward to it.

---------- Post added at 01:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 AM ----------

Nevermind. It's called ignore in this forum. :flipthebird:

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here's the engine I think Ford needs to build:
- Ceramic engine block
- Direct injection
- Naturally aspirated, cowl induction
- HUGE air filter in sealed airbox
- Header the thing (and save us all a lot of trouble)
- 3 angle valve job from factory
- Ported and smoothed intake tract
- Variable valve gear with intake valves and exhaust valves operating independently
- Tuned for 450 bhp and 475 ft-lbs
But they'll never do it. Although the engine would be less expensive than a comparable V6 EcoBoost, it would probably be less fuel efficient and would drive up their fleet mpg.