2013 Shelby GT500 price announced

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Voodoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been thinking about getting one for some time now but what has been holding me back back is the used car car lot I already own. Raptor, SRT 10, Dodge 4x4, Chevy 4x4, Chevy work truck, 55 Chevy, 31 model A, 76 Lincoln Mark something, and 2 airplanes.

This price might just make me pull the trigger.

Tejas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I miss my 2012 but I think I am done with sports cars for a few years now.

Tejas

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the new GT500 is pretty sick! It's not even out yet and its still provided me hours of entertainment. Watching the camaro-mullet nation unravel ever since the 13 GT500 nuclear bomb drop debut has left me feeling warm and fuzzy.

Price is getting crazy though, sure the 650hp, 201 mph is impressive, but you're looking at over 60k for a nicely optioned one. Almost 20K more than a Boss, and almost 30K over a nicely equipped GT. For that differences, one could go crazy with modifications on a new Boss or GT and end up with a better performing car. Ten years ago the 03-04 Cobra msrp was mid 30's... Won't be long until we're in the 70+K range.. and out of the price rang or sanity for most average joe hot rodders. If I ever buy one (GT500), it will be a used one.

SuperRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the new GT500 is pretty sick! It's not even out yet and its still provided me hours of entertainment. Watching the camaro-mullet nation unravel ever since the 13 GT500 nuclear bomb drop debut has left me feeling warm and fuzzy.

Price is getting crazy though, sure the 650hp, 201 mph is impressive, but you're looking at over 60k for a nicely optioned one. Almost 20K more than a Boss, and almost 30K over a nicely equipped GT. For that differences, one could go crazy with modifications on a new Boss or GT and end up with a better performing car. Ten years ago the 03-04 Cobra msrp was mid 30's... Won't be long until we're in the 70+K range.. and out of the price rang or sanity for most average joe hot rodders. If I ever buy one (GT500), it will be a used one.

Price is getting crazy @ 55k? That's probably the best bargain on the market right now. They want 60k for a new superduty for crying out loud.

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
I bet Ken Grody Ford or Huntington Beach Ford sells one for more than $100k. (Home of the $10k Raptor markup.)

moodster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would love one with the SVT package and recaro seats,but that is another 5 k,also you have to order it with the SVT package if you want the 202 top speed.
Cars without it are limited to 155 mph.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
I feel compelled to use every ounce of power that a vehicle has. That is why I can't buy one of these. The result would be either (1) my fiery demise or (2) impounded vehicle and me in jail.

This is why I gave up my Gixxer years ago.:crazy:

XTRUCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel compelled to use every ounce of power that a vehicle has. That is why I can't buy one of these. The result would be either (1) my fiery demise or (2) impounded vehicle and me in jail.

This is why I gave up my Gixxer years ago.:crazy:

I share how you feel on the subject!