Yet another BCM reprogram vs inline resistors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThatGuy88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I swapped all my marker tail and turn lights with LEDs. As i forgot to compensate for is the hyperflash. They were cheapies through work so though they dont have built in resistors. Did find the posts but wasnt sure if anyone has had luck with having a ford tech nuts with the BCM or put in line resistors in. I read some guys still had the hyper with a bcm reprogram. Or what wires guys tapped the resistors. If anything Ill bite the bullet and order bulbs with built in resisitors cause I really dont want to hack the wires.

Last edited:

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just used the in-line resistors. I used a meter to figure out which wires were the turn signal wires and which was ground, and put the resistor across them, on all 4 taillight bulbs.

Occasionally a resistor will burn out and i'll get hyperflash again, and just have to replace the resistor.

OP
OP
ThatGuy88

ThatGuy88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So stopped by two different stealerships today till I found a kid who new what he was doing. Checked the programming in my truck and there was no parameter for the fast flash. Do the 2010's have a physical flasher or no? Everything I read was 2011 up for the bcm controls for fast flash