Wiring Vision X LED Light Cannons with Vision X Harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

just Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hoping for some help here, as I am super non-smart on electrical stuff.

Just got my cannons and hoping to install this weekend. I'm understanding that everybody says "just scrap the included harness", so what gauge wire should I use if I have to procure it? Or, should I just use the included harness wires and cut them off at the installed relay?

I used quick splices on my KC light kit to join the pass thru wire behind the glove box, and to join the light harness under the hood... but what kind of splice do I use to join the two positives into 1 before splicing to the pass thru wire?

Along those lines, is it a bad idea to splice the two ground wires together and wire to the same ground I used for the other lights I installed, or do they need to stay separate like the drawing on page 2 of this thread?

Thanks for any help, I don't want to Hennessy my truck to the ground with a simple light install.... but I'm sure I'm capable of it.

Mike

just Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mac, did it last weekend. Cut the whole stock harness apart, soldered as needed, and installed. Also re-did my connections under the dash, soldered this time instead of butt connectors. If only my hood mount bolts would have gone back in as smoothly as my wiring harness...