Wiring Vision X LED Light Cannons with Vision X Harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NTXrptr

Reaction score
Has anyone used the wire harness supplied by Vision X with the Light Cannon pair/kit to wire them up to an up fitter switch?

I'm planning to use these as my hood lights and have the Outlaw claws installed.

I've wired up rigid lights (basically plug and play) and know how the Ford side of the wire harness works with the up fitter switches. Just wondering if the Vision X harness can be used.

I have the lights in hand. They just didn't come with any wiring instructions/diagrams.

The harness has two weather proof connectors each with a ground with both of them having their power going in to a relay. The relay has a ground, a second wire with a fuse (power?) and a third wire going to a switch with a fuse after the switch.

I can perform mechanical mods all day long, but this electrical stuff is black magic....

Thanks!

Last edited:

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anything I hooked to my upfitter switches did not include the OEM harness (I cut it all off except the positive and ground wires). Anything I wired to my second bank of aux switches uses the OEM harness.

I have VisionX lights on my Outlaw Raptor claws, minus their harness. The upfitter switches take care of the fuse, the switch, and the relay.

OP
OP
NTXrptr

NTXrptr

Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks for the info.

You usually hook them up in series or parallel? I assume parallel.

Last edited:

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
I just wired up my new vision x 8.7" lights last night. I cut the red and black positive and negative wires coming off of The back of the light. I then combined the 2 positives into 1 wire and soldered it so I could run one wire to the up fitter. These things even though they are halogen for now are very bright! I will soon have them upgraded to hid.

My light cannons are on the way too and I cannot freak in wait for those. I love the design!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
NTXrptr

NTXrptr

Reaction score
Very cool.

I was building my 'wire harness' this evening. Where are you planning to mount your Cannons?

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Very cool.

I was building my 'wire harness' this evening. Where are you planning to mount your Cannons?

Oh sorry I forgot to say that. They are going up on my newly installed outlaw raptor hood mounts! I just hope all my new vision x 8.7s dont drown them out.....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

wolfnnc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any pictures of their wiring for the LED cannons? or a diagram

based on comments here, I was going to keep the relay, and hook the thick red wire to the passthrough wire...and of course ground everything...but before i started cutting I figured i would get feedback

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone have any pictures of their wiring for the LED cannons? or a diagram

based on comments here, I was going to keep the relay, and hook the thick red wire to the passthrough wire...and of course ground everything...but before i started cutting I figured i would get feedback

You don't need the relay for anything hooked up to the upfitter switches. The circuit in the truck includes a relay. Save your wiring harness for another project.