wiring through frame

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shooterAMG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A little late to the game here. You can pull the weather stripping on the passenger's side and run wires from the footwell to the back door. There is a grommet in the rear passenger door channel, under the wiring harness that's there, that you can poke through and down to under truck. Then go up and through the drain hole in the bulkhead. The Pop N Lock accessory that will lock your tailgate when you lock the truck, and vice versa, uses this grommet. I ran 4 14gauge wires through there for rear ambers and eventual bed lights.

Just an FYI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g76QPH0yap0

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Also a little late to the game, but I ran my airline as well as compressor wiring through the frame from the engine compartment to the rear of the truck. It was a pain and took a while (two people mandatory), but worked great when finished. There were multiple obstacles to work around inside the frame towards the rear of the truck, but you can get through. Any sort of hooked tools are going to be your friend - as well as anyone with long skinny fingers.

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking at putting led strips in the bed. Has anyone had any experience running wires through the frame to the rear of truck or has everyone ran their wires next to frame?

ALSO LATE, I ran a set of wires through the frame, on the passenger side for my dually's in my rear bumper, after running throught the frame , there's points on the frame with holes I ran zip tie's through to keep the wire from bouncing around it there, not a hard job.

Last edited: