whistle!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cheek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dang freakin light bar whistle! Buddy owns a shop an handed me a 54in light bar from rough country. Pretty nice very bright but damn thing sings like crazy. So got some Rigid Ind Resonance Dampers an still whistles. Suggestions please. Also dont use Rough Country mounts to flimsy.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Buddy had that problem on his mounted above his windshield. We drove it and I put my hand out there - could kinda feel where the whistle was coming from. He put some of that door edge rubber protector stuff on it and ****, no whistle. Know what I'm talking about? It's kind of a rubber edging you cut to length.

farman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2 on the flimsy rough country mounts. And I am also getting some whistle from my 54" bar, but only when there is a significant cross wind. Will need to try the rubber strip trick.

OP
OP
cheek

cheek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so when it rains and the fins have water in them or on them its super quiet. Today ill be putting black silicon on a few fins. Shouldnt hurt anything cause they draw heat out from the light.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
X3 on sheet metal light mounts. My neighbor is a US Forest Service LEO and he showed me the broken sheet metal bracken on the light bar on his Forest Service truck. He tells me that they have to reweld that bracket every time he takes the truck in for service. I'm going to make him brackets out of 2 inch angle steel, and that'll be the end of it.