What's the difference in curved and straight led bars?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McDowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been looking at some 50" light bars and I'm trying to decide whether to get a straight or curved. Also I have been looking at different brands and I'm not sure which to use. I really like the moonshinesxxx led light bar and then a few others. What's brands are you guys using and how happy are you with them?

Sent from my iPhone

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
The radius bars have a really wide beam spread. The straight ones have a straight foward projected beam which isnt as useful as a widely spread beam.
But the main reason is the curved ones are curved and the straight ones are straight..

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Evilmonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to have a little fun at your expense. If you hit the search tab and type in "radius light bar", you should see numerous threads that talk about the lights. Are you looking to roof mount one? If so, you'll read about some different types of roof mounts and the manufactures who make them.

Let us all know what you decide on.

OP
OP
McDowell

McDowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 PM ----------

Yes I plan on roof mounting one and was wanting some opinions in em thanks

Sent from my iPhone

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The normal straight light bars only give output width by using a flood beam usually on the outer LEDS which sacrifices some distance and u only get that distance from the spot beams in the middle of the bar which only lights up straight ahead.

The radius bar is all spot so u dont give up distance and it gives u good output width as well with no sacrifice of distance. Its the best of both worlds so to say

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The only bar I researched is the brand "R" for the roof, the biggest difference besides the fact you can get it in 54 inch, wider spread and good looks, (if you care about such things, which we are not supposed to when it comes to lights according to some,) is the Lumens. 50 inch roofmount strait 23000 Lumens, 54 inch roofmount RDS 40500 lumens.