What options are out there for a 30" Radius LED bar?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunktank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled the trigger on a new front bumper and SVC is going to be brewing one up for me! Now the next big decision... which 30" radius light bar should I get? The first one that pops out in my mind is the Rigid RDS 30" but after seeing its $1200 price tag I have to ask, is it worth it? What other options are out there?

My goal is to get as much light as possible out of the bar but I know with Rigid youre paying a premium for the name. Just makes me wonder, are there other options out there with marginal light output differences (if not equal or greater output)? Im in no way interested in some cheap ass bargin bin light... I want quality and if rigid is the best bar none and no one elses light output/coverage even comes close than thats the route I'll go.

Figure its kinda like shopping for a TV... pay a premium for a Sony cause of the name... meanwhile you could get a Panasonic or Samsung for less $ with basically the same, if not better quality/performance.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We can get you setup with our 30" Elite series curved bar. It has the same output as our straight 30" Elite bar and pumps out 16,800 lumens. PM me for pricing and options and I can give you dimensions as well to see if it will fit in your SVC bumper!

D

Deleted member 12951

Actually I am looking at the SVC Baja bumper too and don't want to pay the price for the Rigid that can come with it. I thought though that this bumper does not use the radius 30". Are you talking about the one in the bumper above the skid plate? Or did you have tabs put on very top?

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Actually I am looking at the SVC Baja bumper too and don't want to pay the price for the Rigid that can come with it. I thought though that this bumper does not use the radius 30". Are you talking about the one in the bumper above the skid plate? Or did you have tabs put on very top?

The standard mount for the SVC bumper is for a 30" straight bar. However, I know that custom options can be added. For example, @Jordan@Apollo-Optics had his SVC bumper customized with our 30" Elite Series double row up top and a 20" Elite Series single row amber bar below it and it turned out killer! So hopefully, SVC has found a way to fit a curved bar in there!

OP
OP
D

Drunktank

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Well stay tuned! I'm not sure how they plan to arrange the tabs and what not... but Jeff doesnt seem to see any issue at all with it. Plus, the radius light will look amazing right below the main tube! They gotta get plate in, fab and powder coat... so my bumper will be about 3 weeks out. I'll post pics of it so you can see how the radius bar looks fitted up in there. :D Im so freakin excited!

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

We can get you setup with our 30" Elite series curved bar. It has the same output as our straight 30" Elite bar and pumps out 16,800 lumens. PM me for pricing and options and I can give you dimensions as well to see if it will fit in your SVC bumper!

Nick... so it looks like your bar cranks out a few more lumens and sucks up a few more watts. Aside from that... what would you say the main differences are between your bars and the rigid bars? At basically half the price... seems like either the rigids are ludicrously over priced (though Baja Designs & Vision X seem to be up there with them) or you had to have big cuts somewhere to get the price point that low. Mind you, I know absolutely NOTHING about the electronic components world.

D

Deleted member 12951

I didn't realize that you were having yours customized. You are going to pay a premium for a radius but you probably know that. Since you are having it customized, if you get the measurements of a cheaper light bar then you can probably have SVC make the appropriate mounts.

I am looking at getting a Blackhawk 30" straight bar and they said it's about a 1/4" difference from the Rigid but can make it happen.

OP
OP
D

Drunktank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont think Im really having anything custom done? Just putting a 30 radius where a 30" straight would go. Shouldnt take up anymore room? When I looked at some of the trucks they had there, seemed the 30" straight fit in there plenty comfortable with decent room around it. Ill ask Jeff what his intentions for mounting it are when I talk to him next. Didnt seem like it was really anything special or custom.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Nick... so it looks like your bar cranks out a few more lumens and sucks up a few more watts. Aside from that... what would you say the main differences are between your bars and the rigid bars? At basically half the price... seems like either the rigids are ludicrously over priced (though Baja Designs & Vision X seem to be up there with them) or you had to have big cuts somewhere to get the price point that low. Mind you, I know absolutely NOTHING about the electronic components world.

curious about that also^

Well, to be quite honest, with some of these more expensive brands a lot of it is the name. I'm not going to point fingers at anyone or any company, just calling it like I see it. That's why we decided to start Apollo Optics...we were tired of the disparity available in the market. You either had very poor quality lights using cheap materials at dirt cheap prices or you had top tier name brand lights coming out at ridiculous price points. That's why we decided to change the status quo. All of our lights are made the right way. Aluminum housings, stainless hardware, polycarbonate lenses, CREE or Osram LEDs, full wiring harnesses, and UV resistant paint/powdercoating. Quality materials, top level performance, without the name brand price tag.

Dont think Im really having anything custom done? Just putting a 30 radius where a 30" straight would go. Shouldnt take up anymore room? When I looked at some of the trucks they had there, seemed the 30" straight fit in there plenty comfortable with decent room around it. Ill ask Jeff what his intentions for mounting it are when I talk to him next. Didnt seem like it was really anything special or custom.

It's not anything crazy different as far as length. The difference between our straight and curved 30" Elite Series bars is roughly 0.1". The main difference is the mounting tabs for the curved have to be mounted at an angle whereas the straight bar will have straight mounting tabs.

Thanks again for your interest guys and if you have anymore questions, please let me know!