VisionX Light Covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Just wanted to give my review of the VisionX light covers. I'm not sure if they'll read this, but figured some feedback might be great with a possible design update/change.

On our way through Wyoming, we were on some twisty roads, mountains on both sides, at night. I had my amber covers on the 4.5" lights and had all of my aux lighting on. After about 15 minutes, I had a headache and couldn't figure out why. After I flipped lights off individually, I immediately felt better when the hood lights were off. I didn't say anything to my wife, flipped them back on, and kept going. She said it was a lot better when those lights were off. So I pulled over, hopped out, and yanked off the covers. Flipped the lights on, and it was a world of a difference.

The issue, I feel, is the light cover illuminates around the entire light where it mates together, which is pretty intense at night. I wonder if they could figure out a way to just have the portion surrounding the light be non-transparent color matched or just black. I think this would make a HUGE difference in usability of the lights at night.

I'm not sure if others have this same feedback, but it was really bothering me until I pulled the covers off. NOTE: this still occurs with the clear covers as well, but just a hair less intense.

@AlternativeOffroad @HAYNES OFFROAD

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
Yea i will admit that ive noticed the glare the covers produce on the edges as well. Its bad enough to hurt my long range night vision to where i take the covers off at as well. Ive even thought about painting the edges black. I do believe a better designed cover in this regard would be beneficial for the mounting position on the hood mounts. Other mounting positions out of line of sight wouldn't matter.

OP
OP
Jimbo

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Yea i will admit that ive noticed the glare the covers produce on the edges as well. Its bad enough to hurt my long range night vision to where i take the covers off at as well. Ive even thought about painting the edges black. I do believe a better designed cover in this regard would be beneficial for the mounting position on the hood mounts. Other mounting positions out of line of sight wouldn't matter.

I was thinking a little spray paint or plasti-dip might be the answer.

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
Maybe, almost needs to be molded into the plastic itself. Otherwise it will just wear off. And the way that the light transmits through the plastic, the inside and outside edges would need to be painted.

D

Deleted member 12951

Completely agree. I recently purchased some Vision-X cannon's with 3 sets of covers including the amber wide floods. I also got the red euro based on @AlternativeOffroad recommendation for driving in dust and cornering.

I have to say these red covers are absolutely worthless. They block practically ALL USEABLE light and barely get past the front of the hood in addition to the glowing red ring that bounces back at you. The only cover I am interested in would be some clear spots to protect the lights. Anyone willing to trade some new clears for these reds and I will even throw in $20. LOL

Jimbo, if your avatar has anything to do with your headache, looking at it gives me a headache.....

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Jimbo

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Completely agree. I recently purchased some Vision-X cannon's with 3 sets of covers including the amber wide floods. I also got the red euro based on @AlternativeOffroad recommendation for driving in dust and cornering.

I have to say these red covers are absolutely worthless. They block practically ALL USEABLE light and barely get past the front of the hood in addition to the growing red ring that bounces back at you. The only cover I am interested in would be some clear spots to protect the lights. Anyone willing to trade some new clears for these reds and I will even throw in $20. LOL

Jimbo, if your avatar has anything to do with your headache, looking at it gives me a headache.....

I thought those were pink light covers at TRR....

Yeah, staring at the avatar is similar to driving at night with light covers LOL

OP
OP
Jimbo

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I've noticed this as well, but not to the point where it bothered me, mostly I think because they weren't mounted on the hood of a truck

Regardless, I appreciate the input and have forwarded the info to VisionX!

Thanks James!

:tizzle: