Vision-X Light Cannon Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
James at AlternativeOffroad was good enough to arrange to have the only set left in the country (until next week) shipped to my installer today (great price as well) and when I say these are a game changer in the off road LED light market it is with conviction. Have been playing with high performance LED lights (flashlights) for 15 years it takes something significant get me to make that statement.
First of all the build quality of these lights are gold standard as far as I am concerned they weigh about 2lbs ea and the fit and finish are flawless. It is very evident that the design and development that went into these lights was considerable even from just casual observation. Anyone who knows anything about optics knows that the best and most efficient light output comes from a round reflector additionally a round enclosure is easier to keep sealed than a square or oblong one. If you ever have any doubt of this just talk to a watchmaker.
The reflector on this light is in a word out fricking outstanding! When taking the light out of the box at Mikes Off Road in Haltom City we went over to the display board where the lights are displayed. There are several manufactures represented with their own display boards so we did a little ad hoc testing. In short nothing even came close to the intense spot beam that this thrower puts out. The color is perfect and will complement any other LED light you may have on your vehicle. The lights went on my Jeep not the Raptor YET and more about that in a minute still more to discuss. The biggest surprise to me way that all of this light only draws 2.1 amps per light---remember I am old school and in 1978 when I got my first set of 150 watt, 285,000 CP Daylighters I was impressed! These lights equally impressed me because of their size, beam definition, and light output.
Lastly want to mention that AlternativeOffroad is working on a mount to fit these in the openings on a Raptor bumper. I spoke about this subject today with James and informed him that these Cannons will just fit in the opening but will need a good mount to secure them. He is working on it right now.

Will update with the after dark impressions later

20130503_152142_zps9875ec83.jpg
20130503_152205_zpsfd13caf0.jpg

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
thanks for the review.

u got some money sitting up front on that jeep for lighting. thos JW Speaker LED headlights are pricey. very nice!

Jobsitefish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that's a really clean look. Good review.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Awesome review! Thank you!

I am curious how white the lights are. VisionX's web site makes no mention whether these lights are 4300K or 6000k.

OP
OP
Boss Hoss

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
UPDATE:

The night time performance of these lights are exceptional as expected. The throw on these lights exceeded my expectations and the beam is very tight with a little spill. Just in my very limited evaluation because of not wanting to get in trouble for blinding people or getting pulled over by the POPO these are good for at least 500 yards for driving and more for my use of lighting up pigs. The color is closer to 6k plus or minus a few hundred.