Using the relays that come with the Rigid Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

linexsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why don't you just get the Raptor specific wiring from Rigid for the up-fitter switch? Its cheap and no guessing or extra wires and stuff. :893karatesmiley-thu
Save the wiring harness with fuse and relay for when you run out of up-fitter switches and still want to run more lights.

this is what i have done to other raptors, and will do to mine when my rigids get here this week. there are upfitter instructions and ford has wires that you can connect to that already go under the hood. its super simple

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really no point using the relay that come with the Rigid kit. Its just more clutter under the hood and betters the chances for problems/loose connections/relay faults. Cut the wiring harness after the water tight connection. After the up fitter connection has been made under the dash, from under the hood, run whatever selected wire to the positive Rigid harness wire. Run the Rigid harness negative wire to the negative battery terminal. You can use an eyelet at the battery terminal. Select and replace the correct amperage micro fuse at the fuse block for that up fitter, and you're good to go. It will be a lot cleaner and less chance for problems this way.

OP
OP
FLA-SVT

FLA-SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is what i have done to other raptors, and will do to mine when my rigids get here this week. there are upfitter instructions and ford has wires that you can connect to that already go under the hood. its super simple[/quote

Originally Posted by justvettn
Why don't you just get the Raptor specific wiring from Rigid for the up-fitter switch? Its cheap and no guessing or extra wires and stuff.
Save the wiring harness with fuse and relay for when you run out of up-fitter switches and still want to run more lights.

I can't believe they would not have sent that when I bought the kits...strange. Go figure.

Last edited:

Piranharaptor

Reaction score
Ok I guess me is stupid... I am trying to hook up my RI hyperspot pillar lights. On the relay harness it showed black is ground, blue is switch output to relay and red input power. Do I just connect one of this to upfiter wire and then the battery.

Reaction score
Reviving old thread

So I am at the same place as OP was but need a break down, I have the wiring harness from rigid with the relay and want to hook it to the upfitters but just want to use this harness, I don't have any other lights that I'll be adding so for me I won't ever need another harness for a project can someone shed some light on how I would install with this wiring harness set up?

Thanks!

stevelp99

Reaction score
If you are just using the rigid harness to hook up to the upfitters, then you only need the section of wire that goes from the led bar to the relay. hook the red to upfitter pass through wire, black to ground and done. I re purposed my relay for my oem fog light switch mod. which turned out great.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i run my big 54" thru the rigid relay harness since its rated for 40amps. I think AUX1 and AUX2 are 30amps, and AUX3 and AUX4 are 15amps.

use the 12V from the upfitter as the turn on wire for the relay, or terminal 85 on the relay.

i also have 6 duallys on the front of my truck that I run on stock AUX2 upfitter wiring

Last edited:

RickyTerzis

Reaction score
Hi...i am a new user here. I would like to say the relay is for connecting power straight to the battery, because there is an inline fuse they were expecting you to connect to the battery. the other wire would be what we call a turn on wire. that wire provides power to activate the relay and that should be connected to your switch. there shouldnt be any voltage drop if you connected directly to those switches, but the wires might get hot.

percentage calculator

Last edited: