Upfitter issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FP Forged

Justin Lundy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My switch #1 recently went out. I've tried a few things but I am not electrically knowledgeable.

What I've gathered so far:
Light bar works when plugged into the 3 or 4 switch.
Fuses and relays are fine

It seems there is no juice coming from switch #1. I checked the wiring and everything was still connected securely. I tried a test light on the #1 wire under the dash and got nothing.

Outside of the #1 fuse under the hood and the relay is there anything else that would cause the wire to have no power? Another random fuse I missed? Should I bother trying to troubleshoot it or just take it to the dealer? It's still under warranty I believe.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hadn't been paying attention to it but the indicator light is working on the switch.

Yeah, if it's still under warranty, I'd take that in. Sounds like something has worked it's way loose. You should be getting power to the relay if that light comes on and all the fuses are good.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My switch #1 recently went out. I've tried a few things but I am not electrically knowledgeable...

Hi LEEHWCAP,

As some of the other folks suggested, I'd recommend making an appointment at your dealership for diagnosis. How many miles are on your truck? I'll review options to help out.

Crystal

OP
OP
FP Forged

FP Forged

Justin Lundy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi LEEHWCAP,

As some of the other folks suggested, I'd recommend making an appointment at your dealership for diagnosis. How many miles are on your truck? I'll review options to help out.

Crystal

I have the shop that installed everything for me doing a once over to make sure I didn't miss anything. If they don't find anything either I have an appointment at the local dealer on Thursday.

I have 14k miles on my truck.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the shop that installed everything for me doing a once over to make sure I didn't miss anything. If they don't find anything either I have an appointment at the local dealer on Thursday.

I have 14k miles on my truck.

Keep us in the loop, LEEHWCAP. I'll continue to keep an eye on this thread to see how things progress.

Crystal

OP
OP
FP Forged

FP Forged

Justin Lundy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The shop figured it out. Something about the yellow wire being loose at the harness that it comes out of? That's why I wasn't seeing any power at the other end where the connection to the pass through is. They plugged it securely back into the harness under the dash and it had power again. Glad it was something simple.