Upfitter / High Beam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI, this turned out to be a really easy mod. Parts Express has nice heavy duty waterrproof 12V relays with sockets that are inexpensive. I wired it such that my AUX 3 switch arms the relay then the high beam wire behind the passenger headlight triggers the relay to close thus lighting the dually spots. Around town/highway use, I leave AUX 3 off and back country roads I leave it on. Much easier to use the high beam stalk vs. reaching for the AUX switch.

Here's a good link with instructions. On my 2011 SCREW, the high beam trigger wire (connector behind the passenger side headlight) is Violet/Orange tracer, not sure about other years but it's easy to test for +12V with a multimeter.

TUTORIAL - Fogs with Highbeams! - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Basic relay terminal wiring:

30 - 12V in from AUX switch
85 - ground
86 - high beam trigger
87 - 12V out to the Duallys

Last edited:

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry to be a bit dim but do I have this correct , if so it's what I want as we'll. if you have the aux switch off and you use the hi beams the light bar stays off. You turn the aux switch on and the high beam switch now turns the light bar on ?

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to be a bit dim but do I have this correct , if so it's what I want as we'll. if you have the aux switch off and you use the hi beams the light bar stays off. You turn the aux switch on and the high beam switch now turns the light bar on ?

You got it! Turns on high beams and aux lights. In reality it's an extra step to get your aux lights on which some may not want off road or if you don't want your high beams on with your off road lights. But for me it's exactly how I wanted my dually spots to work. My dually amber floods are on a separate switch (aux 4) which I usually just leave on 24x7.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited: