Turn Signal Hyper Flash Solutions: Re-Programming BCM vs. Resistors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M3toSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forscan.org You can get into the BCM yourself and skip the dealer.

Great little program. Installed on my phone and my PC.
The PC is needed for more extensive testing and diagnostics.
Eliminates the need for using my buddies snap on scanner.
Saved my BCM settings and will install a new BCM and will configure the new one with this program.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great little program. Installed on my phone and my PC.
The PC is needed for more extensive testing and diagnostics.
Eliminates the need for using my buddies snap on scanner.
Saved my BCM settings and will install a new BCM and will configure the new one with this program.

I've not needed it yet, but it's good to see something like that out there and being further developed. Yes, the PC is needed to actually adjust anything.

If you didn't know, you can download as-built data based upon the VIN from the ETIS site. https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do

M3toSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've not needed it yet, but it's good to see something like that out there and being further developed. Yes, the PC is needed to actually adjust anything.

If you didn't know, you can download as-built data based upon the VIN from the ETIS site. https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do

I have downloaded this already. Just curious to see if the settings saved will be the same thing but with the hyper flash turned off.
If I run into issues I will load the as-built data and go from there.

Thanks for mentioning the program. Never heard of it till you said something.
Now i just need to modify the ELM to receive MS-CAN.

akmedic77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like FORScan has been mentioned! I just used it today to disable the lamp outage notification for the front turn signals and now have LED bulbs installed there as well. Great program!

Last edited:

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I installed LED tail lights about 6 months ago and have been dealing with hyper flash ever since. Forscan takes a while to figure out but, it literally took 2 mins. to reprogram the BCM. No more hyper flash.

nbg-mustang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have the same problem about hyperflash. But only on th left side of the truck.

Rear has LED flash lights. If it is cold/wer outside, it somerimes work.
If I take out the right rear LED, no hyperflash. Right side all the time works well.

Only the left side make me craty. When the car was new, same setup than now, I dont had that problem.

Any ideas? Do you know where to get a wiring diagramm?

Daniel

akmedic77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have the same problem about hyperflash. But only on th left side of the truck.

Rear has LED flash lights. If it is cold/wer outside, it somerimes work.

If I take out the right rear LED, no hyperflash. Right side all the time works well.

Only the left side make me craty. When the car was new, same setup than now, I dont had that problem.

Any ideas? Do you know where to get a wiring diagramm?

Daniel

The glory of using FORScan is that you don't need to change any wiring. Depending on your model year, of course. The difference being the degree that the computer controlled.

With FORScan, the hyper-flash is programmed out for the front and back. Otherwise, you can purchase a specific harness on Amazon that contains the resistor wired in with both plugs.

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk Pro