Turn Signal Hyper Flash Solutions: Re-Programming BCM vs. Resistors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my oil changed today...and had service checked the BCM to confirm it was set to OFF.
They confirmed it.

This is something odd I've noticed. When the truck is not "running" the blinkers will flash the "Normal" rate.

When the engine is ON the blinkers will go to the hyperflash...with an occasional hiccup to the normal rate then back to hyperflash.

:mad:

I'm going back to the dealer tomorrow. I forgot I'm due for an
oil change

I'll have them re-check it again.....

M3toSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my oil changed today...and had service checked the BCM to confirm it was set to OFF.
They confirmed it.

This is something odd I've noticed. When the truck is not "running" the blinkers will flash the "Normal" rate.

When the engine is ON the blinkers will go to the hyperflash...with an occasional hiccup to the normal rate then back to hyperflash.

:mad:

That sucks. I have heard that it doesn't work for all trucks. Time to get some load resistors.

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an update. Went on a road trip. Today my right blinker started to flash at the Normal rate however the left blinker still had the hyperflash

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an update. Went on a road trip. Today my right blinker started to flash at the Normal rate however the left blinker still had the hyperflash

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Voila !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's working !!!!!!
The BCM Mod.....worked....all of a sudden my flash rate is NORMAL today......Left and Right .......

Maybe it takes time for the BCM to adjust.... ?????
Dunno.......it's been flashing normal rate......ALLLLLL DAAAAAY...... been driving around lol

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Voila !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's working !!!!!!
The BCM Mod.....worked....all of a sudden my flash rate is NORMAL

Maybe it takes time for the BCM to adjust.... ?????
Dunno.......it's been flashing normal rate......ALLLLLL DAAAAAY...... been driving around lol
@RC51TOFUMAN, Thanks for rubbing it in, hahah. my dealer is chasing the ghost at the moment. Which BCM mod are you referring to? Is it turning the low voltage scan off in the bcm?

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@RC51TOFUMAN, Thanks for rubbing it in, hahah. my dealer is chasing the ghost at the moment. Which BCM mod are you referring to? Is it turning the low voltage scan off in the bcm?

My friend.....I'm talking about this one....... in which...
they use the IDS Tool to turn OFF the HyperFlash fault simulating that you have a burnt out bulb on the turn signals. Read this bulletin
IMG_0001.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0002.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

this has been posted before.....hopefully this helps you