tuff stuff raptor hood mount and lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dunnjames18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So me being on a budget decided to buy these, tuff stuff Ford F150 Raptor Hood Mount Light Brackets and LED Spot Light

Only found using the search the light bars by tuff stuff, not sure if anyone has the hood mounts and lights.. seem like a deal for the mounts and the lights not going to spend big money for lights that im not going to use much. I purchased them today will do a write up when they arrive and install.

If anyone is running this setup let me know your thoughts. for a 125 bucks and 18 month warranty kind of hard to pass up.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
A couple of comments.
1. With that style mount, you will have to trim the plastic (cut a slot) on the cowl piece. There are other mounts out there that do not require trimming.
2. I know they say that they are spots, but given my experience testing lights, the cheaper lights skimp on the optics, so I would expect a lot of hood glare and not much light down range.

OP
OP
dunnjames18

dunnjames18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay received the package yesterday it was beat to shit I have no clue what these postal guys do to these things but none the less everything was intact.. The brackets are extremely thick and study and the lights seem to be very strong as well metal encasing poly type lens. The wiring harness is not raptor specific tho I spliced the wires under the glove box which was a royal pain in the ass to solder idk if it just my truck but those wires were so short I think that took the longest after I spliced my aux 4 switch up I moved to the engine compartment. I don't know why everyone is all against cutting the plastic cowl it took maybe 5 minutes with a dremel and when they are in place you don't even notice it seriously. The hood I used a snow scraper as a prop while I unscrewed the hood bolts and took off the hood strut once the bolts were out finished up with the dremel on any minor trimming. I put the brackets on slid them as far back put hood bolts back in.. The rear one was not too bad to get to with the plastic cowl cut giving u some more room put the light on checked clearance moved to driver side and repeat. I ran the wires from the lights to the pass thru wire from the glove box spliced everything up and turned it on and nothing happened checked fuses and grounds and after a min of thinking there was a universal switch that came with it plugged it on to the empty connector tried the switch that came with it and it worked so I followed the wires back from the universal switch that came with it cut them a few inches off the relay spliced the wires together threw the few feet of wire from switch away .. All and all for a 125 bucks not a ba deal 18 month warranty.. Cons no instructions and had to kind of do my own troubleshooting with that universal switch.. Lights seem bright I'll show pictures tonight when it's darker

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 99