Tinted tail lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

terryturner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey I want some smoked tail lights and smoked 3rd brake light. Bought some recons that I'm goin to attempt to return because they're not sitting very flush. I've heard of other brands or ppl just spraying them. What's your ideas?

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I smoked my third with one coat of VHT Night Shades yesterday. It came out really well. If I wanted the tails dark, I wouldn't hesitate to shoot them as well.

The most important thing is to prep well. I wiped down with alcohol really well. I learned my lesson on a nother project.

20141012_144102.jpg

Soldier64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used VHT night shades. One slightly heavy coat on each tail light and three coats on the 3rd brake light. As said before I cut out circles using painters tape to allow the LEDs to not be blocked. I used a 10mm socket as my stencil for the circles. Not the best pictures but you get the idea. ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1413203645.482920.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1413203685.472600.jpg

Edit: I also used three coats of clear on the tails and 3rd.