Tinted grill and fender lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SC87

Reaction score
Has anyone tinted the OEM grill and fender lights themselves? I was thinking of doing it myself since the only tinted ones I can find are Recon...

stevelp99

Reaction score
I haven't on this vehicle but have on other vehicles, using the spray on type of tinting, as film may be difficult with complex curves. As with anything paint based, take your time and wait between coats so you don't get runs or bubbles. I would say don't go to deep with the tinting as it will be too dark and defeat the purpose of having a light in the first place.

OP
OP
SC87

SC87

Reaction score
I was thinking of a spray, but I did read a lot of suggestions not to use it. Since these are so small and oddly shaped with the ridges too maybe it is the best or only route. Like you say I definitely don't want to go too dark, just enough to make it 'black'. In your experience how do the sprays hold up?

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I personally would not mess with tinting lights but instead upgrade as many lights to LED as possible. I had a spay on tint on third brake light and it looked good during the day but I cleaned the tint off since the function of the light was greatly compromised during the day or night.

Last edited: