Third Brake Light, LED Tail Lights & Reverse LED Cubes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aventador22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Three questions:

1) Does anyone besides Recon make Black / Smoked LED Third Brake Lights? I've been trying to look for some and avoid Recon due to their reputation but can't seem to find an alternative.

2) Can you install a pair of LED Cubes into the stock bumper or do you have to buy an aftermarket bumper? How does wiring work for that? I just installed the KC HiLite LED cubes as fog lights and couldn't be more pleased, so I'm looking to do the same for the rear.

3) How are the Spyder LED Black taillights quality and durability wise? Does anyone have any other suggestions of higher quality when it comes to smoked or black LED taillights besides Recon?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Captain Awesome

FRF Addict
Reaction score
1) well for the third brake light just get some nite shades and do it you self.
VHT Nite-Shades™

2) it depends what you want? do you want them on a switch or to come on every time use put in reverse. you could mount them on top of the bumper or get some round ones and cut hole and mount them up. Raptorbrain has a set of round that look awesome in the rear bumper.

3) don't know but would like to know also as i like the look of the spiders too. theres a few guys with them and think they are doing better than the recon.

OP
OP
Aventador22

Aventador22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you man! Anyone have a link to RaptorBrain's thread dealing with the lights in a stock bumper?