Tail Light Lenses

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My apologies, now that I've looked I'm going to change my answer to "lamin x" they claim it to be "light protection film" funny how they have different colors and darkness lol. Works well folks and it comes in amber if you wanted to throw it on a light bar or something.

If anyone is interested please keep in mind. The samples look MUCH lighter than they really are. I rolled my eyes when he suggested the lightest tint but once it was on the black light you can see its not too light nor overwhelming.

Also my third light is the darkest they make. For comparrison I have the two extremes of smoked tints they carry.

Last edited:

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My apologies, now that I've looked I'm going to change my answer to "lamin x" they claim it to be "light protection film" funny how they have different colors and darkness lol. Works well folks and it comes in amber if you wanted to throw it on a light bar or something.

If anyone is interested please keep in mind. The samples look MUCH lighter than they really are. I rolled my eyes when he suggested the lightest tint but once it was on the black light you can see its not too light nor overwhelming.

Also my third light is the darkest they make. For comparrison I have the two extremes of smoked tints they carry.

I looked up the site, Ford F-150 Headlight Covers, Tail Light Covers, Fog Light Covers and Clear Bras from Lamin-x Protective Films pretty cool stuff and the prices aren't to bad. I might have to invest in some of this stuff. I really would like to get some type of headlight protection that they offer.

CP Raptor, what year is your Raptor? The website only shows up to 2012, I have a 2013, is there any difference from the 12 to 13 heads and tails?

Last edited:

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guy has rolls of it. He lays it on like a decal or tint then trims around for a perfect fit. This way he was able to wrap around the edges. Essentially it's like a clear bra but tinted. Very easy to work with as its THICK. It will nearly stand straight out when holding it.

Because its a "tint" don't panic when you put it on and an hour later there's lots of little bubbles. Just like your windows tey will go away in a couple of days with the sun on them.

The third light took a little finesse for him to get all of the contours where it's so stuff and so many curved edges close together but it's all holding up. No issues at all ! It's too bad the factory lights weren't led bulbs like the last model mustangs cause it would really pop.

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have found some sheets/rolls of it on Ebay.com for a lot less than the other website. Of course I am sure you get what you pay for. Using the stuff off ebay you have to cut your own.