Switchback Turn Signals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been looking at LED switch back turn signals for a while now. I was wondering if someone made a switch back but that stays amber. i'd rather have solid amber while driving as opposed to it switching to white. does someone make that kind of a kit? can I buy the normal white/amber kit and replace the bulb with an all amber bulb?

thanks

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So basically exactly like your amber turns do now???

Switchbacks are white when your signal is not operating (when headlights are on) because it's powering up the "low power" portion of the bulb, which is white. When your blinker goes on, the "high power" side, flashes, which is amber.

Normally your bulbs are amber (with headlights on) in low power mode and flash brighter when signal is on.

So your truck is basically doing this from the factory...

Or are you looking to have that higher power amber on at all times and just blinks when turns are on?

I mean we have brighter turn signal bulbs if that is what you are looking for, including the normal amber/white switcbacks:

For Gen 1s: Vehicle Specific - Ford - F-150 (2009-2014) - Page 1 - 4x4TruckLEDs.com

Sliderpilot

Reaction score
Thought I would respond to this thread since I am looking to do the same. On my 2013 SuperCab Raptor, I am running DRL with just the amber parking/turn lights. I have been looking at the switchlights to run white LED's for DRL's and then the amber for turn. But I noticed online that there are two or three different wattages to choose from. I would like the daytime white/amber park/turn LED's to be bright but not sure which wattage to go with. I wouldn't want them to be any brighter than the headlights at night! LOL!

Thanks!

Sliderpilot

Reaction score
Sorry, I guess I was asking what would be a recommended wattage, but I will find out what the wattage options are and then reply. Thank-you!

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

But here's another question...it is hard to see through the lens, but how many bulbs are in the turn/parking light section, one or two? And if there's two, do you replace both bulbs with the white/amber LED's?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTRaptor20