SVC Baja front bumper security

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

For those that have this bumper with Rigid LED or perhaps other LED brands, How are you securing the 30" LED?

I found that Rigid sells security screws:
Rigid Industries LED Lighting | LED Lights, Offroad, Marine, Truck

But the special bit is too big/long to fit as the space between the nut and the side of the inside bumper is too close.

The only thing I can think is weld but really don't want to do that...

mkelly984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't have a rigid but, how mine mounts the bolts are on top the bar making it tough to get to the nuts. I also rounded off the nuts so that a wrench would be able to take them off.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How were you able to tie it in to the alarm system? I'd like to do that with mine as well.
you have to open up the wire harness and connect a wire to the ground as close as possible to the light, then use heatshrink to close it back up. run that wire to a relay and then connect the relay to the instant trigger to the alarm. this way, if the harness gets unplugged or cut, it triggers the relay which sends signal to the alarm.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't remember the post, but someone on FRF, ran a cable lock throught the cooloing fin area and locked it to there truck.

That would be me :)... 1/4in stainless cable through the 50in top Baja and 3/16 plastic covered cable through the ones on teh bumper. Lots more salt down there.. I made loop and locked to the frame in a way that is hard to get to.
shockcondoms004_zps87306184.jpg

Last edited:

Geo_Tactical

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you have to open up the wire harness and connect a wire to the ground as close as possible to the light, then use heatshrink to close it back up. run that wire to a relay and then connect the relay to the instant trigger to the alarm. this way, if the harness gets unplugged or cut, it triggers the relay which sends signal to the alarm.

That's great, thanks for taking the time to explain!