super bright LEDs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have test results that disagree with your statement. If you stand right in front of the truck, of course they will look "bright". But get out to 50 yards and it is a different story. For example, take a look at the results from the test in this link:
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f81/lighting-shootout-results-trr-2015-a-42166/
The 40" Venomous is very likely of similar quality to the SuperBrights and other lightbars in this price range. At 50 yards, a 40" Rigid is 6 times brighter. The 30" KC Flex is brighter still. I see this posted over and over in regards to the cheap lightbars. They are not just as good, they are not even in the same ball park in terms of performance. Anyone who is buying a lightbar in this price range is buying for aesthetics (looks cool), which is completely fine, but just be aware that the performance isn't even close.

Quality costs.

[/Rant]

I'm so sick of re-reading the results showing I had the crappiest light bar on the planet!!! lol I totally agree with kaiser, though. I have since removed my 'cool looking' lights and replaced them with a 40" KC Flex light bar. That thing not only looks cool, but is the brightest light bar I've ever seen!!! No ********, it helped me see a bunch of deer on the road that I never would have seen without it until it was too late. I understand wanting to save money, but spend a little more and they will be useable as well. Either way you go, good luck!!!