Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Lighting Modifications Forum [GEN 1]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Lighting Modifications Forum [GEN 1]

suggestions and help for raptor mods!

This is a discussion on suggestions and help for raptor mods! within the Ford Raptor Lighting Modifications Forum [GEN 1] forums, part of the GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums category!
Hey guys I'm new to the site. i have a 2011 tux black screw and am wanting to put on ...

User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes

Sponsored By: KC HiLiTES

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2013, 12:16 AM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default suggestions and help for raptor mods!
Hey guys I'm new to the site. i have a 2011 tux black screw and am wanting to put on a rigid 20 inch light bar, dually fog lights, and back lit svt logo. i really would appreciate yalls opions, advice, and suggestions for future modifications! pictures would be awesome too! i am also interested in back up lighting and interior lights and tint.

Jacksonwilburn4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:10 AM   #2 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)

Take some time and look around. You'll find plenty of mods that others have done. Chris or Witchy at Freedom Motorsports can get you hooked up with almost anything you're looking to do.
Rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:47 AM   #3 (permalink)

FRF Lady

Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

Those sound like a great starting point. I'm assuming you've already done mid perch. Have you thought of exhaust, CAI, and tune? When we did ours the between the increase in power and the sound I fell in love all over again. Headers are also on our list. Here's some reading material for you. Some DIY mods from fellow FRF members. Let us know if we can help with anything. Pm me or [email protected]
https://raptor-svt.freedommotorsport...age=page&id=25
Witchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:52 AM   #4 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)

Best thing I can tell you, is design what you want your truck to look like when "finished" (yeah, quotes on that one, but at least mostly finished)

then list out all the mods, from there you can arrange them by budget or by looks or by performance (on road or off road)

performance route on road would be exhaust, tune, CAI

performance route off road would be: stage III (IV if huge budget), tires/wheels

looks: bumper, lights

utility: winch, bed cage

if you know what you want the truck to end up looking like you can build the list over time and nothing will end up looking tacked on. I appreciate the really clean modded Raptors out there where it looked like the person had a vision of what they wanted their truck to look like.

Old 12-13-2013, 10:12 AM   #5 (permalink)

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Those sound like a great starting point. I'm assuming you've already done mid perch. Have you thought of exhaust, CAI, and tune? When we did ours the between the increase in power and the sound I fell in love all over again. Headers are also on our list. Here's some reading material for you. Some DIY mods from fellow FRF members. Let us know if we can help with anything. Pm me or [email protected]
https://raptor-svt.freedommotorsport...age=page&id=25

Hey Bud... I'm looking at the Model: SWHDRLTNG5STARSCREW Combo package on your website.
Besides the obvious, is there any other info you can give me?
I see there is a 20% end of year deal... do we get anything additional off because we are members here?

Thanks in advance

Ebelinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:16 AM   #6 (permalink)

Kaiser Söze

Mentioned: 310 Post(s)

Your first mods should be recovery gear and a fire extinguisher, unless your truck will be a street queen...
Rookie likes this.

'04 MazdaSpeed Miata
'67 Jeep Kaiser M715 - sold
Join the Blue Ribbon Coalition . . . it's YOUR Public Land!
KaiserM715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 04:03 PM   #7 (permalink)

(Thread Starter)
Thanks guys really appreciate all the feedback. No I do not have mid perch yet. How essential is this and where can I find before and after pics? Again thanks for all the help guys
Jacksonwilburn4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 04:14 PM   #8 (permalink)

FRF Lady

Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Ebelinga View Post
Hey Bud... I'm looking at the Model: SWHDRLTNG5STARSCREW Combo package on your website.

Besides the obvious, is there any other info you can give me?

I see there is a 20% end of year deal... do we get anything additional off because we are members here?

Thanks in advance

Sorry I just noticed this. Chris sent you out an email. Sorry for the delay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

Originally Posted by Jacksonwilburn4 View Post
Thanks guys really appreciate all the feedback. No I do not have mid perch yet. How essential is this and where can I find before and after pics? Again thanks for all the help guys

Mid perch isn't essential but like most things Raptor it's about taste. I'll see if I can hunt up before and after shots. I know there's lots of discussion on the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Witchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:14 AM   #9 (permalink)
FRF Addict

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Just make it your own. It's about what you like and want. On here there are as many opinions as there are ass holes and any are different. You have to do what you think looks the best. Listen to what folks say but do what you want not what the crowd tells you.

LEADING AMERICA FROM THE BACK OF THE LINE
mudblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 12:12 PM   #10 (permalink)

FRF Gofur

Mentioned: 196 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Thumbs up
Originally Posted by Ebelinga View Post

Thanks in advance
The only other information available really is that we are offering intake/exhaust/tuner packages for just about everything we offer. That being said, with a sale that has discounts as deep as we are offering at the moment we can't discount them any further. The pricing on everything is already cut to the bone specifically for forum members. Everything on our site is directed and built specifically for FordRaptorForum members as is.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote