Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > Ford Raptor Forums - Modifications > Ford Raptor Lighting Modifications Forum
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Lighting Modifications Forum

Starting to wonder about Rigid Lights

This is a discussion on Starting to wonder about Rigid Lights within the Ford Raptor Lighting Modifications Forum forums, part of the Ford Raptor Forums - Modifications category!
Register to remove these ads. It's free! I've been researching for lights almost as long as I looked for a ...

User Tag List

Like Tree5Likes

Sponsored By: KC HiLiTES

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2012, 09:26 AM   #1 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default Starting to wonder about Rigid Lights

Register to remove these ads. It's free!
I've been researching for lights almost as long as I looked for a Raptor and I decided to get all 3 of the Rigid Raptor specific kits - the Dually fogs, the 20" lower grille and the 40" upper grille light - both E series.

First, it took 6 weeks to get them which is a little unusual in todays world. I had multiple "its gonna ship tomorrow...this Friday... etc etc" before they finally shipped out.

Then I get the lights and one of the LEDs doesnt work in the 20". Plus I have seen multiple reports of these lights taking on water and not working.

Kinda makes me wonder if these things are actually going to hold up or if they are going to be on and off multiple times going back for repair.

Evidently one of the holdups was a new style Deutch wiring harness. Anyone know anything about that? Mine have like a square waterproof connector on them.
Attached Thumbnails
img_20120130_163527.jpg  

craigcoram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:10 AM   #2 (permalink)

Scalded Cat Racing

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

I would love to get feedback as well. I'm in the process of finalizing mods for my Raptor, and I had planned on six of these lights, but want to make sure they are worth the multi thousand investment.

2012 Scab, 2014 Porsche Cayenne Hybrid, 2013 Porsche Boxster S, 2012 Mercedes E550, 2011 Porsche 911 Turbo S Cab, 2008 Chevy Silverado, 2015 Porsche 911 GT3 (incoming), 2016 911 GT3 RS (preordered)
2014 Monterey 228, 2000 Ducati 996 SPS (#3 of 50)
ducatisps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:14 AM   #3 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Enter M and R in 3...2...1...

lol

Loaded 2010 6.2 | Borla | Bedrug | Top perch | RPG Stage 3 | Method Double Standads | 37" Toyo M/Ts | Glassworks Fenders | Four 8" KC Rally 800 | JL Audio 10" sub | Rockford Fosgate amp | 3M matte black hood | TMX Front Skid Plate

www.TexasMotorworx.com

Last edited by whisler151; 02-03-2012 at 10:29 AM.
whisler151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:19 AM   #4 (permalink)

Full Access Member

(Thread Starter)
LOL, I'll definitely pass on those.

I would like to hear what some people who have had them for a while have to say about them.
craigcoram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:55 AM   #5 (permalink)

Rock and Roll Offroad

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Originally Posted by whisler151 View Post
Enter M and R in 3...2...1...

lol
Haha I've noticed that too.

The ZAV (Zombie Assault Vehicle): 2010 Tux Black 6.2, Mid Perch, Nationals, ADD Stealth Bumper, Rigid 40" E Series, Rigid Dually Flush, Volant Cold Air Intake, Blue SVT Vent, Dumped Magnaflow Magnapack

http://stainlessworks.net/media/imag...anner_army.jpg
Maxx2893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:32 AM   #6 (permalink)
Full Access Member

I bought the 20" over a year ago and it's been great. They were quick to ship and the product quality was perfect. I would hope your situation isn't becoming common but it does sound like they've had some supply issues lately. This is the first I've heard of quality issues though.
Spider-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:06 PM   #7 (permalink)

Lord of the Raptors

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I have had a few issues with my duallies, but Taylor at Rigid was quick to fix the problems with zero cost to me (paid shipping both ways too). My 20" has performed flawlessly for a year and a half as well. I recently broke the light bracket on the 20", and I emailed Taylor for a cost on a new one. His response "We made it, it broke, I'll replace it for free". Talk to him directly, and you will see that he is a stand up business guy, who stands behind his products.
treypal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:09 PM   #8 (permalink)

Rock and Roll Offroad

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

They have been backordered so that is the supply issue. Their lights are starting to ship now.

I order a 40" mid December and it just got here this week. I don't mind though, I can wait a little while for quality stuff.

I'm still waiting on my ADD Stealth to get here (ordered at same time). Had some mix up at ADD (they thought it had shipped and it hadn't, been going on for a few weeks). Again that's ok i can wait for quality stuff. It supposedly shipped first thing yesterday morning, so we will see.

The ZAV (Zombie Assault Vehicle): 2010 Tux Black 6.2, Mid Perch, Nationals, ADD Stealth Bumper, Rigid 40" E Series, Rigid Dually Flush, Volant Cold Air Intake, Blue SVT Vent, Dumped Magnaflow Magnapack

http://stainlessworks.net/media/imag...anner_army.jpg
Maxx2893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:30 PM   #9 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

You shouldn't be worried. From what I've seen on this forum, Rigid has always stood behind their products and helped/resolved every issue.
Humvee21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:57 PM   #10 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Register to remove these ads. It's free!
Both dualy's I have in my rear dimple R bumper by A.D.D got condensation in them as soon as they were instaled.I sent rigid pics and wanted them to send me a new set,they also seen my purchace order and new they were only two weeks old, They refused to send me new ones and I had to send them in for repair.That pissed me off,so they came back about three weeks later and have been fine since. Imo there customer service SUCKS!

Last edited by twlhunter65; 02-03-2012 at 08:16 PM.
twlhunter65 is offline   Reply With Quote