Standard F150 Light Switch (knob) retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EatsPrii

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I miss the standard F150 Light Switch that pulls out to engage the fog lights. I'd like to add a couple D.O.T. approved fogs and have them on the automatic on/off switch with the brights.

Has anyone done this retrofit?

xtcbct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not certain that is possible. I don't think it is quite as simple as just changing the switch. I think a new wire harness would have to be run since I don't think the existing harness has fog light wiring in it.

OP
OP
EatsPrii

EatsPrii

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's an easy solution, but I like the simplicity of the auto on/off with the headlights and the auto on/off with the brights. Plus I don't want to full up the upfitters with light arrays across the board. I need room for other fun stuff.

Boss327

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe you can get a wiring diagram for the 09-12 f-150 and see how they route it. I know my 11 XLT has it.

Aidan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's an easy solution, but I like the simplicity of the auto on/off with the headlights and the auto on/off with the brights. Plus I don't want to full up the upfitters with light arrays across the board. I need room for other fun stuff.

There's no reason you couldn't use the upfitter switch for that. Take a +12v tapped off the low or high beam then to the switch, then to the trigger on a relay for the fog lights. Then you can turn the switch on but the lights will only come on with the lights you tapped off of.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts