Spyder Projectors Light Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dannym2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just picked up my first Raptor. 2012 SCREW in flame blue, best truck I've ever ridden in, I love it. Couple questions for the lighting guys. First, the truck has 8000K Bi-Xenon HIDs and I ordered a set of Spyder Projector Halo Headlights, I was wondering if I can use the same bulbs in these headlights. Also, there is two projectors in each light, does that mean I will need another set of HIDs to fill the second projectors. Hopefully that makes sense. Another question, it has Recon LED taillights and the LED for the reverse light on the passenger side is out, can I replace this? And where do I get one? Thanks in advance fellas!

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just picked up my first Raptor. 2012 SCREW in flame blue, best truck I've ever ridden in, I love it. Couple questions for the lighting guys. First, the truck has 8000K Bi-Xenon HIDs and I ordered a set of Spyder Projector Halo Headlights, I was wondering if I can use the same bulbs in these headlights. Also, there is two projectors in each light, does that mean I will need another set of HIDs to fill the second projectors. Hopefully that makes sense. Another question, it has Recon LED taillights and the LED for the reverse light on the passenger side is out, can I replace this? And where do I get one? Thanks in advance fellas!

You have dual projectors in each headlight? PICS PLEASE. Have never seen this yet.
You should be able to run the HID bulbs no problem but your saying "Bi" Xenon, is this the type of bulb that moves in and out for Low/Hi beam?
If so you can't cause your outside projector are low beam only and there is a shield in the way.
Normally the outside lights are low beam and insides are Hi beams so the outside ones shut off.

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 AM ----------

Are these the lights you have?
If so they are only a single projector and low beam only.
RSiWORKS makes a true dual projector headlight and your outside projectors are Low and Hi beam with the inside ones being a Off-Road light so you have double the light pumping out of these.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f207...-hid-retrofit-pics-pricing-22208/index36.html

page 36 post 355 shows them

SPYDER-F150-PROJ-LED-HLIGHT-2.jpg

OP
OP
dannym2009

dannym2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the link to them: http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=321215603257 and yeah the light goes in and out. So I'm assuming one projectors is Hi and one is Low, and if I were to order HIDs for these headlights, what size would I need for the lows and his. I am going to have to rewire everything aren't I?

So the Bi-Xenon won't fit in the outside then?

Last edited:

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
just to make it clear those lights only have one projector in each headlight, the high beam is just a regular reflective bucket. your original HID kit i do not think will fit since its a H13. also if u want HID's in the high and low u will need 2 new kits.

now be warned that these lights in "stock" form do not perform well. if this is the style u want i suggest u look into RSiWorks. he uses the recons and retroes a set of real projectors in there and can tweak the lights any other way u want. yes they are more money but at least u will be able to actually see at night.

OP
OP
dannym2009

dannym2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I should have came to you guys before I ordered them! Are they that bad? And is there something I can do to make these perform well since I already ordered them?

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
if u search here u should find some reviews but what i have heard is poor lighting and they are not sealed well. they fill with dust and mud(if u go thru lots of mud). i would see if u could return them or talk to Roger @ RSiWorks and see if u can send them to him and he can retro them and reseal them properly.

i almost bought a set myself but after all the negative comments about them i went with a custom retro instead and it was worth every penny

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f207...custom-built-hid-retrofit-pics-pricing-22208/

IRONMAN

Reaction score
I guess I should have came to you guys before I ordered them! Are they that bad? And is there something I can do to make these perform well since I already ordered them?

Yes those are the same ones I posted up top, single projector in each headlight.
They are basic and you may get lucky and get one with a "not too bad" cut off line but I'd say 90% of the people who buy them have a very poor experience with them.
The "MAJOR" bad thing about them is the fact that if you use HID bulbs and you flash your Hi beams you are switching you HID's on and off which is a very bad thing and reduces the life of your bulbs significantly.
Plus your bulbs need a bit of time to warm up so flashing them never get the full effect.lol
I used HIDS in the mains and a brighter halogen bulb in the Hi beam area, but like I said switching the HID on and off is bad and you need to give it time to warm up and cool off before switching them back on.
Like Nick said you can always upgrade them through RSiWORKS which is me by the way.
Basically you would have to ship them to me and I'd work my magic and turn them into some pretty bad ass lights.lol

OP
OP
dannym2009

dannym2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh ok, so what exactly do you do to them? I'm almost wondering if I should just stick with my stock lights, I basically ordered these for their looks, but I don't want a bad lighting experience. If I just put HIDs as the low beams and left them in low beams all the time would that work ok, I would do halogens for Hi's just in case. Then what kind of light do I use for the off road light?

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Oh ok, so what exactly do you do to them? I'm almost wondering if I should just stick with my stock lights, I basically ordered these for their looks, but I don't want a bad lighting experience. If I just put HIDs as the low beams and left them in low beams all the time would that work ok, I would do halogens for Hi's just in case. Then what kind of light do I use for the off road light?

I gut them! lol
I remove the basic projector and replace it with a "BI-XENON: MORIMOTO MINI H1 6.0" projector and a whole lot more.
It gives you the ability of having hi and low beam in that projector area now which moves the cut off shield and does not shut off your HID bulb in doing so.
Then your old Hi beam reflector bowl can be used as an "Off-Road" light.
It is a tremendous amount of light coming out of these sets together.
Then I can upgrade your halos and I can even offer sequential turn signals.
Custom paint them what ever color you want and ad a special touch to the side marker lights like I just did to mine with the Punisher logo.
It's what ever you want.

attachment.php

You can run HIDs in your projector lights and even HIDs in the reflector bowls it just switching them on and off is what your going to have to remember not to do to quickly cause you run the risk in destroying your bulbs that much quicker and they're not cheap.

Attachments

• 20130912_083705.jpg
    20130912_083705.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 304
OP
OP
dannym2009

dannym2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much do you charge to do the work? I think what I am going to do is buy a set of 55W HIDs and put them into the Spyders and see how it works. I will use a Halogen for the His and never run them, I have a 20" light bar that I use for the brights. I just don't have much extra cash right now to send them to you to have them gone through. What size bulbs are the His and Los? I will keep you posted with how it goes. Thanks again!