Snow lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It seems the best recommendation is blue covers for snow. I ran the entire Snoball with white lights and had no problems. I had amber covers to put on but didn't see the need. I can't say I had much snow getting blown up though and we didn't have any major snowfall while driving at night.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I switched mine to blue last winter. It made a huge difference. Blue cut through the snow with almost no glare. With blue tint I could even run my lights on the light bar above the cab most of the time. Amber is better than white but blue is far and away superior for snow. If I get to do SnoBall again my lights will go blue again.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For anyone concerned about putting blue covers on, the light doesn't appear blue (like police/emergency lights). The light looks grayish or off white. The blue covers must block a certain light spectrum which reduces glare.
Yeah I wondered if anyone would object to them(when turned off) on my truck. None of the police officers I know saw any problem with them. Other areas or other officers might have questions. I did get a lot of waves from all the firemen around here, lol. Volunteer fireman run blue lights in my area. So a red truck with blue lights equals new buddies.

rap67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was told by a couple LE that blue lights on the front are a no no in almost any on road scenario. whether or not you get pulled over and or ticketed or told to remove the covers is a TBD.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We offer true amber LEDs as well as covers for our lights. @Bussy is running our 10w Apollo4 spots as hood mounts and has a set of amber covers and a set of blue covers.