S'more Recon Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So I got the Recon LED tail lights and 3rd brake lights last week and all is good...so far. Had to buy a lot of electrical protective equipment for the wires since they are just hanging around and would probably ruin the entire setup if exposed to moisture. Installed and fixed up both the tails and 3rd lights and I find out that the 3 marker LEDs on the 3rd brake light are required by law due to the width of the truck.
Has anybody received a ticket for this yet or known of anyone having this issue with Big Bro? Preferably located in Texas? Lights look sick but the fact that its illegal is trippin me out and the last thing I need is another ticket on my record. Id appreciate some info./opinions!

cubiefan101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about it. Im a fireman and also have a recon third brake light. Never had any issues. Ive talked to a lot of cops about it and most, actually all are unaware of the width of our trucks and the laws that require them.

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Start a pool?

Anybody want to start a pool on how long before there is a post from Wise Country Raptor with problems with his RECON lights? I'm putting my money on 3 weeks :)

Five-O Donut Hole

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about it. Im a fireman and also have a recon third brake light. Never had any issues. Ive talked to a lot of cops about it and most, actually all are unaware of the width of our trucks and the laws that require them.

Fireman= automatic citation

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

Anybody want to start a pool on how long before there is a post from Wise Country Raptor with problems with his RECON lights? I'm putting my money on 3 weeks :)

I'll give it to the first hard rain

OP
OP
Wise County Raptor
Reaction score
Fireman= automatic citation

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

I'll give it to the first hard rain

Its been storming down here in Austin for the past week and i havent seen any condensation inside the lens. We will see though. Have had the same lights on a tahoe and they leaked too

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

lol ive had these lights before so im aware of the shit quality of them. Did some extra sealant on the bulb inserts so I guess we will see.