GEN 1 Six light switch.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S197Mach1

Reaction score
Changing my KC cubes out for a flex light bar. I had the cubes on number 4 which is 10 amps and the cubes only needed 8 and some change. The light bar requires 10 amps. Can I reuse 4 or should I go to the next higher switch. I don't know if I would need room or if 10 amps draw and a 10 amp fuse is ok?

Edit: six should read stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
S197Mach1

S197Mach1

Reaction score
Question. So I hooked the light up yesterday by disconnecting the #4 switch and connecting the #3 switch to the firewall pass through that has the fog cubes wiring harness. I did this because I'm not using the cubes because they don't fit in my new bumper. Also the wiring harness provided with the light bar has its own on off switch which is not needed on a raptor per se. Only issue is I have 3 extra plugs temporarily. So yesterday I tested the light twice and it came on. This morning I got nothing. The wiring harness that came with the light bar had a 25 amp fuse and I'm running the #3 slot which is a 15 amp fuse. The light bar is rated at 10 amps which is under the 80% load as suggested earlier. Any ideas as to why the bar isn't working anymore? I'll have to look tomorrow as im at work today and won't be able to mess with it.

OP
OP
S197Mach1

S197Mach1

Reaction score
Took a look at lunch and found the aux 3 mini fuse was pretty black inside. So somehow the fuse blew. KC came with a 25 amp fuse in there wiring harness yet the light is only supposed to use 10 amps? Confused...

OP
OP
S197Mach1

S197Mach1

Reaction score
Replaced the 15amp fuse and all is well again. Wonder why the first one blew? Will see how long this one lasts