Side lights on Rogue Rebel

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Just wanted some opinions. Was mocking up my Rigid D2's and where to put them since I changed bumpers to this one. I had them on the SVC Baja bumper as side lights and wanted to do the same. There is already a mount location on the Rebel but instead of being behind and being blocked, I switched it to be down.

What are your thoughts? My only concern at the moment would be when off-road but seem to me high enough out of the way.

3cd6847055e4e33a2fdf11a185f4faa6.jpg

8868f77b72442752f6547000f6df2664.jpg

e6a3794f9af305580f7df4321995867a.jpg

2dccdd401ff8592484f928b2efb558b3.jpg

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
From the looks of it, if you donkey kick off a jump, you're going to crush those lights. Are you opposed to switching to the mesh inserts instead?

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
IMO - I think they may get cleaned right off in the heavy stuff. Just an idea, I think that a KC Flex might work really well behind the bumper shining through one of those holes. Then it would be a little more protected.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

From the looks of it, if you donkey kick off a jump, you're going to crush those lights. Are you opposed to switching to the mesh inserts instead?

Hopefully donkey kicks are a thing of the past. Just didn't like the mesh when I was comparing it to the dimples. Like the bumper!!

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Hopefully donkey kicks are a thing of the past. Just didn't like the mesh when I was comparing it to the dimples. Like the bumper!!

Well, if it were me, take them off. You are NOT lacking in the lighting department...

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

IMO - I think they may get cleaned right off in the heavy stuff. Just an idea, I think that a KC Flex might work really well behind the bumper shining through one of those holes. Then it would be a little more protected.

BTW: Bought these D2's from Crown Offroad at last year's TRR. When I put these behind, it was blocked quite a bit. I would hate to buy some KC Flex and find out that they are also blocked. Have you heard of anyone installing those behind the dimples on the Rebel? Would be ideal to get hold of a set to try and check but able to send back if not.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
BTW: Bought these D2's from Crown Offroad at last year's TRR. When I put these behind, it was blocked quite a bit. I would hate to buy some KC Flex and find out that they are also blocked. Have you heard of anyone installing those behind the dimples on the Rebel? Would be ideal to get hold of a set to try and check but able to send back if not.

Get me the measurement of those holes and I can tell you if they will fit or not. If they seem like they will fit, we could get you a set ordered. I'm sure I could get KC to return them if they aren't damaged.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Well, if it were me, take them off. You are NOT lacking in the lighting department...

Most of my lighting is straight in front and I have a need for side lighting when going around corners.

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

Have you seen @Macf s light set up with the flush mounts above the bumper, looks sick!

Cut into the valance? Yeah but I am not prepared to do that.

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

Get me the measurement of those holes and I can tell you if they will fit or not. If they seem like they will fit, we could get you a set ordered. I'm sure I could get KC to return them if they aren't damaged.

The holes are kinda weird, long and very skinny. A small bolt would be needed and that would not be ideal (unless @Jimbo could shed some light how Rogue intended those to be used). If I did go that route, I would probably just drill a hole instead.