Shopping for some LED tail lights.. need your opinions!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshLEO137

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a part number for these by chance? I checked the links and didn't see the ones you bought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go to the Lighting Firm's website, then click on TLF Store on the top left. Then select Ford vehicles and they are a little ways down the list under F150 taillights I believe. I don't want to link to a different site since they aren't a sponsor.

JoshLEO137

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@JoshLEO137 I'm guessing the 'murdered' out ones have the smoked lenses?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The black has black bezels and I believe "murdered out" is all reflectors are blacked out so the stock halogen bulbs wouldn't work very good. They don't do any tinting of lenses only painting of the reflectors. I was told that the "murdered out" option isn't very good as the stock bulbs would look like a single Christmas tree bulb and have little to no output. I went with black bezels and I'm very happy. If you want tinted lenses you could get the black bezels and then tint the lenses yourself.

Trail_Rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here they are:

Taillights have halogen bulbs with red LED switchback strips. These things are super bright. Parking lights is single strip. When brakes are applied both strips light up. For turn signals both strips light up and flash. LEDs are so bright the halogen bulbs don't matter. Lights up roadway all around back of the truck they are so bright. Completely plug and play and two year warranty.

I just ordered a set of these, about how long did take for you to get them?

BMWBig6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My lights from The Lighting Firm came in and while the the LEDs get a little washed out in direct sunlight (acceptable performance in my mind), they are insanely bright at night. The entire ground around the rear of the truck just glows red. I love the distinctive look, and can't stop staring at my truck (I love to lock and unlock it from a distance just to enjoy the lights).

They were done about 7 weeks after ordering them, but most of that is lead-time while you're waiting your turn (and they're working on other customers' builds). Once they started assembly it was only a matter of days and you get an email notification once they're on the bench.

I'm very pleased with the product. They took a long time but were worth the wait. Joshua Johnston at The Lighting Firm was great to deal with, and thank you JoshLEO137 for answering all of my dumb questions too. [And no, I don't have a Raptor but I frequent the Raptor forums because I have a 6.2 and you guys are pioneers on the aftermarket accessory front.]

leds01.jpg

leds02.jpg

leds03.jpg

leds04.jpg

leds09.jpg

leds10.jpg

leds05.jpg

leds06.jpg

leds07.jpg

leds08.jpg

leds11.jpg

leds12.jpg

Last edited:

Trail_Rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, 7 weeks is a long lead time, but they look awesome, I can't wait until they ship out. Thanks for the reply.

Trail_Rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got an update from Joshua today, it looks like they'll be ready to ship in about 10 weeks. It's long way off, but I'm still excited to see them on.

BMWBig6 those are the black ones correct?

BMWBig6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got an update from Joshua today, it looks like they'll be ready to ship in about 10 weeks. It's long way off, but I'm still excited to see them on.

BMWBig6 those are the black ones correct?

Yes, mine are the standard black bezel ones.