Shopping for some LED tail lights.. need your opinions!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Tituslloydpullo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had terrible luck with recons. Everything ive bought from them sucks.

My spyders have held up for over a year now. Very bright. I love em.

JoshLEO137

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After I replied yesterday, I checked out their site. Holy shit, those are wicked looking!! I wish they were wired for running lights and tails operated like stock, but that could be an easy fix. Please post pictures when you get them, I want a set BAD now!

Got pics to share?

I just got them today so I will have to figure out how to post some pictures as I have yet to ever setup an online hosting account anywhere. I will have to check as I can't seem to remember if they are on all the time. There are two rows of LEDs and when the lights are on there is the one row lit. When you apply the brakes both rows light up. When you use the turn signal both rows light up. I will admit the lead time was pretty long but I'm very happy with them and the 2 year warranty is a huge plus as well.

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
I just got them today so I will have to figure out how to post some pictures as I have yet to ever setup an online hosting account anywhere. I will have to check as I can't seem to remember if they are on all the time. There are two rows of LEDs and when the lights are on there is the one row lit. When you apply the brakes both rows light up. When you use the turn signal both rows light up. I will admit the lead time was pretty long but I'm very happy with them and the 2 year warranty is a huge plus as well.

I use PhotoBucket for years for sharing pictures, but there are other options out there for free photo storage.

Can't wait for pics!

JoshLEO137

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here they are:

11265617_10200398498400964_284252696442911514_n.jpg

11054513_10200398498560968_8284213715054281023_n.jpg

11013602_10200398499400989_5806981724284910445_n.jpg

Taillights have halogen bulbs with red LED switchback strips. These things are super bright. Parking lights is single strip. When brakes are applied both strips light up. For turn signals both strips light up and flash. LEDs are so bright the halogen bulbs don't matter. Lights up roadway all around back of the truck they are so bright. Completely plug and play and two year warranty.

JoshLEO137

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, I love those! Kind of makes me wonder how easy it is to open up the tails and what the LED strips look like up close?

The LED strips are wired into one of the taillight bulbs for power and all the functions. There is some kind of switchback function, not sure if that's built into the LED strips or a separate module, that controls the two strips and makes them flash with the turn signals. I guess if you can find the parts and are comfortable with opening them up you could possibly do something similar. I figured for the cost of a new set of stock Ford taillights and all the components I would be ahead to just go with these. Also they come with a two year warranty which is pretty much unheard of from the other taillights I found.

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
The LED strips are wired into one of the taillight bulbs for power and all the functions. There is some kind of switchback function, not sure if that's built into the LED strips or a separate module, that controls the two strips and makes them flash with the turn signals. I guess if you can find the parts and are comfortable with opening them up you could possibly do something similar. I figured for the cost of a new set of stock Ford taillights and all the components I would be ahead to just go with these. Also they come with a two year warranty which is pretty much unheard of from the other taillights I found.

Thanks for the feedback! I actually emailed them yesterday asking if they'd sell just the LED strips and got a quick reply saying $225/pair for the strips. I replied back inquiring about hearing there are 2 strips per light and if the $225 covered enough to do both lights, but haven't gotten a response yet. I only want to run 1 strip as running lights, so if that price gets cut in half for 2 strips total I may jump on it. I feel confident in opening the tails or I may get a 2nd set off ebay to play with.

If you get time, could I request a close-up of the strips please? From your pictures the LEDs look really close to each other, so I searched for some strips, but came up empty. Not sure what they call them exactly. @BIRDMAN, would you happen to be able to point me in the right direction please?