Running Parking lights during day Fix per Nosbusa!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
PJF

PJF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where is the 10 pin connector located?

It is located on the passenger side footwell. The only 10 pin plug. Just follow my above instructions from Nosb. It works perfect. Just tap into that one wire to your aux switch and turn your light switch to auto... BAM!!!!

FvilleRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this seems easy, but I was wondering if someone could post a pic of the wire they spliced into. I am planning on doing this as I want my ambers on during the day, will also be good for when I get my LED lights in my headlights from Raptor Retrofit. Also can it be wired to switch 4 or does it need to be switch 3?

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So does this run just the led lights or all of the park lights including tails and front amber blinkers?

This will be exactly the same as manually turning the light switch to the parking light notch. If you have LED rings in your retro's, and if they are wired to the parking lights they will come on/off as well.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I don't understand this. The factory installed a switch on the dash that enables you to manually turn on the amber running lights and LEDs. How is that inferior to going through this wiring gyration to dedicate an Aux switch so that you can manually turn on the running lights and LEDs with a different switch?

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
because you can leave the aux switch on at all times. When you shut the truck off, the aux switch loses power, so it can remain flipped on at all times. So with this mod, your parking lights are on at all times when running, and your headlight knob can be in auto mode.

Without this mod, every time you get in the truck you have to turn on parking lights, every time you get out you have to turn off parking lights, and every time it gets dark you have to turn on your headlights, rather than use auto mode.

I'd prefer this mod with tapping into a switched 12v source instead of using an aux switch. It should work the same, just free up an aux switch.

wanderfalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does running this mod satisfy roadways that require by law running drl's. highway 10 in arizona and local roads in cal. that have had a high incidence of head on crashes have this law.(300 dollar fine). hard to remember to turn them on then when you do, hard to remember to turn them off. raptors in canada must have a switch that would overcome this.

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
does it still dim your dash lights?

what is the purpose of running the parking lights during the day, just for the look?

So why would you want DRLs anyway?

It's about the looks. A Raptor with the amber's burning coming down the road behind you just looks intimidating and badass. No other reason.