Running Parking lights during day Fix per Nosbusa!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shthpnz

Reaction score
First thing in the morning. Indeed the Purple w/white tracer is the one for my 2010!

Works like a charm, front and rear. Thanks.

Attachments

• BCM.jpg
    BCM.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

chrisnack

Reaction score
I did the wiring today, took about 30 minutes. The up fitter wiring is a little hard to get to, not much room to work with. I pulled the wired through the side of the dash and worked on it "outside" the vehicle. There is one piece of tape you need to cut in order to free up the wires. I used the brown wire for the #4 switch.

I used a butt connector and shrink tubed the wiring.
IMG_3725.jpg

I used a viper tap on the 10-pin harness:
IMG_3723.jpg

Wiring all zip tied and cleaned up:
IMG_3726.jpg
IMG_3728.jpg

Hope it helps others looking for pictures.

Last edited:

CarRamrod

Reaction score
dang this thread went all over the place. So did anyone tap to an ignition on hot wire instead of a upfitter switch?

srs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This shit is funny....you would think people were talking about King vs. Fox around here...

Frank L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to hooking them up to switch #4. Damm Ford why did you make those leads sooooo short. Makes soldiering very interesting :)
Works like a charm. Thanks for the pics and step by step...
You guys are brave using vampire and butt connectors in an off road bounce up the mountain vehicle. When I had the headrest dvd's installed I found a shop that soldiered it in. Personal preference I guess

Last edited:

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to hooking them up to switch #4. Damm Ford why did you make those leads sooooo short. Makes soldiering very interesting :)
Works like a charm. Thanks for the pics and step by step...
You guys are brave using vampire and butt connectors in an off road bounce up the mountain vehicle. When I had the headrest dvd's installed I found a shop that soldiered it in. Personal preference I guess
Exactly, personal preference. In 30+ years in electrical field work I've never had a properly crimped electrical connection fail. Soldering is fine, but not superior to other properly executed connections.

AbnMP13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got around to doing this mod yesterday. I connected my brown AUX 4 wire to the yellow w/ blue wire on pin 6 from the BCM connector. This alone makes AUX 4 control both my front and rear lights when the key is on regardless of headlight switch position. It essentially turns on all the lights that would normally be on when the headlight switch was in the parking light position, but it does not dim the interior lights or gauges.

The 10-pin connector is C2280E and the yellow w/ blue wire is on pin 6. It's associated with BCM fuse #30 which controls side marker lamps, high mounted stop lamp, park/stop/turn lamps, and front marker lamps.

The 32-pin connector is C2280D and the yellow w/ green wire is on pin 18. It's associated with BCM fuse #40 which controls trailer tow relay, parking lamps, license plate lamps, park/stop/turn lamps, and marker lamps.

Trying to do this to a switched hot wire; not an aux wire. I want mine on whenever the truck is running.

@BAJASVT what wire would you use?

Last edited: