Running Parking lights during day Fix per Nosbusa!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PJF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nosb is THE MAN!!! I, like so many others on here, have been wanting to be able to keep my parking lights/LED's on during the day and be able to keep my light switch in the AUTO mode. Here is Nosb advise http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f5/amber-parking-lights-daytime-fix-25643/
Keeping the light switch in the AUTO mode takes care of the (-) open. All I did was install some splice connectors to the AUX Switch 3 (15amp) and the number 6 Yellow/Blue wire on the 10pin connector and use maybe a 10 inch 16g wire to jump from the connector to the Aux3 wire. Took maybe 3 minutes. BAM!!! Turn on the AUX 3 switch and it works PERFECT. I was actually thinking it would be much harder but so NOT. ENJOY and THANKS NOSB!!!

OP
OP
PJF

PJF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So why would you want DRLs anyway?

This DIY doesn't turn on DRL's. just able to turn on all the Amber LED's with the light switch kept in the AUTO position. Before DIY the amber LED's would go off durning day with switch in Auto mode. I have HID's. So DRL's was not an option in USA

OP
OP
PJF

PJF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does it still dim your dash lights?

what is the purpose of running the parking lights during the day, just for the look?

No it doesn't dim the interior lights. I wanted to have them on because I leave on my Rigid 6" amber and 20" white in the daytime because it looks damn good and people really notice me which hopefully they will not hit me and stay out of my way LOL

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the same mod. As you said, it lets me keep the lights set on Auto and have my parking lights and LED rings lit up whenever the truck's running.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
No it doesn't dim the interior lights. I wanted to have them on because I leave on my Rigid 6" amber and 20" white in the daytime because it looks damn good and people really notice me which hopefully they will not hit me and stay out of my way LOL

Haha I run around with my light cannons on up front and my led pods on in the back. People from Alabama cant ******* drive. I always have my running lights on too so if they cant see me I might as well stay home more :D:D I hate this ******* state

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2