Roof mount Rigid led

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gillund47

Reaction score
I have a 20 inch bar in above the bumper and the cubes down in the fog light area but am looking at adding a 54 inch rigid roof mount and have bought some vision X for the hood mounts. I'm a bit concerned about possible noise. Does anyone have any experience of the 54 inch RDS on the roof line or the hood mounted canons will make a lot of noise at highway speeds?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 12951

Pretty sure the roof mount LED will have wind noise, especially above the windshield. I have lights on a light rack on the bed rails and go above the cab in the rear, I hear it but after awhile you get used to it or just turn the radio up really loud to mask it out. The hood cannons don't make any wind noise or none that I can notice.

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a roof mounted (above windshield) 54 Rigid on my wife's jeep. It whistles. Also I have a few friends, who have jeeps, same for them with a roof mount. Seems to be a pattern with roof mount.

OP
OP
G

gillund47

Reaction score
How loud is the whistle? Tolerable? It's about 2k between the light bar and mounts. I don't want it to make me nuts but i want the bar lol. Not that I'm short on light but dig the effect. I could go with the canons or maybe another bar behind the grill. But like the looks of the RDS

Crikk

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
I also wonder if there is a bar/mount setup that doesn't make noise. I had a 54" Blackhawk curved bar from TMX on rough country mounts on my last raptor and it was LOUD!! It whistled at any speed over 25, and at 80 it made the whole roof vibrate. I tried to put strips of rubber between the fins, then tried black silicone to fill all the fins. Nothing helped at all.

But even with the noise I miss my roof mount! I want one for the new raptor. I have a 20" rigid E2 hyperspot and 4 D2s in the bumper and 2 light cannons on the hood, all of which I also had on the old truck. The 54" on my old truck was amazing! It added the wow factor of lighting everything up, top to bottom side to side! I miss it! Just wish I could find one that wasn't so noisy

Greybeard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put foam on the fins of the lightbar I had on the jeep it helped reduce the whistling quite a bit. I picked the foam tubes up at Lowes and cut a slit in them to fit the fins.

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How loud is the whistle? Tolerable? It's about 2k between the light bar and mounts. I don't want it to make me nuts but i want the bar lol. Not that I'm short on light but dig the effect. I could go with the canons or maybe another bar behind the grill. But like the looks of the RDS

I hardly hear it, and only at a few speeds. To many guns and loud stuff in my life. My wife hears it well, says some speeds worse than others, her hearing is excellent. She says just turn up radio. I have been told whistle or not the light bar STAYS. So when you put it on, post pics!:ROFLJest:

BeEatNU

Reaction score

it's loud to me (when I had the RDS) but it comes with those sound dampeners. Just use those and no more whistle